Sign in to follow this  

3 ridden hours Maintance?

So I now have 3 hours on the 450R what maintanace should I do? I have checked the spokes,claeaned filter, replaced the trans and engine oils, and checked the chain for any slack, Anything else??? :banghead:

Do you have the maintenance schedule that comes with it? There are a bunch of things that you can check actually. Some of them are bunk but it can't hurt to check. :banghead:

Grease your linkage and head bearings. I think they only spit on them for lube from the factory. 3 hours is really nothing, but you've taken care of the basics. Look in your manual for the maintenace schedule and go from there.

And don't forget to check your valves after the initail break in. I did on mine after about 10 hrs. on it and they were still in spec. Checked them about after about 20 hours and no problems! Yea!

I try and keep up with all the maintance of my bike I am very good at mainting my bike and equipment , I just Sold my YZF250 03 And the buyer could not belive the condition it was in He thought it only have 5-10 hours when it really had 100+, But I love my 450R i think that this is the Best bike i have ever ridden and owned!!!!

If the thing is brand new, the fork oil needs changed and so does the engine oil and filter. Clean and re-oil the air filter. Id tear the thing completely down to tell ya the truth. Regrease every joint on the bike. Make sure everything is tight etc.

And check the spokes. They are probably loose as hell.

When you do this stuff up front, your bike will stay new a lot longer.

Previoius posts have pretty much covered it. A couple bolts to watch for are the kick starter bolt (philliips one on the side) and the the screw holding the front seat mounting collar on. These are typically loose from the factory. Basically, go over EVERY fastener on the bike after the first few rides. And don't forget to properly tighten the spokes!