Sign in to follow this  

Bouncing on landing

Just tring to set up my 05 CRF450R When I land a tabletop I seam to have the bike land and then bounce back up again. It is a 110 ft table top and i am just landing on the top almost on the downlide by 10-12 feet. I weigh 185lbs and the bike is stock, I know i should redo the suspension but i was going to do it over the winter here. So in the mean time i am not 100% SURE IF IT THE COMPRESSION OR THE REBOUND THAT I SHOULD BE SETTING STIFFER.

PLEASE HELP.

COREY

Usually bouncing up after landings is due to fast rebound. Slow your rebound down by turning the clickers in.

Soft comp. will do it too. If the suspension is to soft it will blow through the stroke to quickly and take another hop. Stiffen the comp. and rebound some and see if that helps. Also make sure your sag is right.

doc

You are coming up 10-12 feet short everytime? Thats what your saying right? There is not much you can do to stop that bounce, other than give it some more gas and clear the jump. Or go slower, land 20-30 feet out off the take off then give gas.

Just take a breath, and give it more gas clear that jump, not only will it be faster around the track, but clearing the jumps beats you up alot less too.

You are coming up 10-12 feet short everytime? Thats what your saying right? There is not much you can do to stop that bounce, other than give it some more gas and clear the jump. Or go slower, land 20-30 feet out off the take off then give gas.

Just take a breath, and give it more gas clear that jump, not only will it be faster around the track, but clearing the jumps beats you up alot less too.

I agree! 110ft table top, it really dont matter how good your suspension is your still going to bounce, unless cleared.

I know what you guys mean about givin it gas but its kinda hard at times when there are others infront of you that are rolling it so i cant just land on them or should I :banghead:

Ive seen quite a few of this guys posts...and Im beginning to wonder about his authenticity....

the guys in the XR600/650 board wont even talk to him without massive doses of sarcasim thrown in...

Which person are you talking about? me? I dont post anywhere else other then the crf450 fourm so it cant be me

Which person are you talking about? me? I dont post anywhere else other then the crf450 fourm so it cant be me

My mistake.

Good luck...

By the way, the only way to not bounce when you jump a 110 footer, is to make sure you downside it. If your coming up short, you're going to bounce...period.

But how much you bounce can be adjusted. For me, the faster my bike settles after a bounce and the less I bounce the safer I am :-)

I was just having the same problem, and after watching the outdoor MX race a few week back (can't remember which ) but they had 3 tables in a row and could not make table to table, having to flat the second table. NO ONE bounced. So I tightened up my rebound. 2 clicks on the front and 3 clicks on the rear and now if I don't make a jump I don't have to brace my self for the bounce. I land and drive away. Experement, there are not as many pro here as there clames to be.

Ride On Dude :banghead:

Also with more rebound dampening you will have to hit things faster, so that means that 80 footer you finally started clearing will need to be hit faster to make it over.