Sign in to follow this  

Took the wife on a first time ride yesterday

Took the wife out yesterday for her first ride on a bike I put together for her. She had a great time, dropped the bike afew times, stalled it a couple of other times and even managed to get the tires off the ground..... No injuries and I think that I have just added another person to the RIDERS CLUB...

She was smiles from ear to ear. We had a great time and rode for a couple of hours. Funny thing happened when we got home. She went to pick up our 2yr son from the grand parents, she was gone for a while and I figured I would see what was keeping her. Seems see got to her parents, sat down for awhile and fell asleep....

I find this funny because every time I come back from a 50-60 mile ride, I want to take a 15min nap... I get nothing but grief.....But things changed quickly.... I was informed after she got home that I will no longer be getting reamed for take a nap when I get home from riding. She has seen the light..

Quick side note, why is it that just about everyone that gets on a quad thinks they are bullet proof and don't need any saftey gear? The wife could not believe her eyes when half a dozen people flew by the meadow at about 50mph, singles and doubles on quads and not one person had a helmet on... :applause:

The point to my thread is, how many people take thier significant others ride and what are some of your experiences? :banghead:

My wife rides, the whole family rides! I made that part of the wedding vows. :banghead: Street, Dirt, quads, doesn't matter...

IMO - most quad people who crash at 50 on doubles with no helmet are not able to tell the rest of them that they wish they had some gear on!

Because 80% of quad riders are white trash idiots and 100% of that 80% don't do anything but throw rocks in the parking lot, drag race 80's (and still lose), or bounce their Banshees off the rev limiters for no other reason than to try and get noticed, and since they have no helmets normally, we can identify him as the 'Blonde fat kid that rides like a girl but thinks he is Doug Gust".

Sorry for the rant, just been riding the last couple of weekends at an off road park and the number of morons on quads is nothing less than astounding, but it is humorous at least. I have nothing against quads, used to even have a banshee, but I always wore full gear, putted out of the parking lot and then actually made an attempt to ride it like it was supposed to be ridden until I saw the light and got a dirt bike.

Back to the thread, I think it is awesome that your wife got her first ride in, and I think I will forward this to my girlfriend because she always wonders why I am out of it after riding all day!!

We all ride. It is blast to ride as a family. We bought a toy hauler last year to make the camping a bit more comfortable and to have room for all 7 bikes.

Agreed! Quads to bikes are like jet skis to boats. Any idiot can get on one without any training/prep and they are usually completely oblivious to their surroundings.

Back to topic: took my wifr out for her first ride last weekend and she didn't like it (mostly out of fear). I'm bummed but haven't given up yet.

Congrats to you on your wife's riding :banghead:

Awesome! Glad she had fun and realized that, YES dirtbiking is a workout!🤣

My wife rides too, but she's currently bikeless (next on list after the dentist...and truck...and...tbd) :banghead::banghead:🤣

My wife loves to ride. The only thing she does not like is other people around her. She is afraid that someone is going to hit her. She has had a couple of close calls. We ride at a National forrest and the trails are bidirectional.

Keep her riding and listen to what she says. If she is scared don't laugh at her, listen to her and help her with the peoblem.