Sign in to follow this  

Front Rotor

I put some new pads on and after looking closer at the rotor I should probably replace it. There is no point in resurfacing it is there...?

Any recommendations? I put EBC pads on it, but I dont see that they have a rotor for the RMZ.

Why would you have to replace the rotor for? Is it bent or worn down?

Its worn/grooved pretty good. The place i usually order parts from says they cant get anything, have to go OEM...

Can the TT store get anything?

Still tossed up about a rotor...

How many pad changes can you do on one rotor? Will new pads seat/feel correct with a used rotor?

Im assuming you cant resurface the oem rotor cause they are thin already? The rotor does have wear/grooves on it, not really deep but they are there.

Havent actually looked at the manual about this...Im going to look now. :banghead::banghead:🤣

Still tossed up about a rotor...

How many pad changes can you do on one rotor? Will new pads seat/feel correct with a used rotor?

Im assuming you cant resurface the oem rotor cause they are thin already? The rotor does have wear/grooves on it, not really deep but they are there.

Havent actually looked at the manual about this...Im going to look now. :busted::busted::busted:

no you don't re surface these rotors.

and you can use 10 sets of pads on a rotor,

its not uncommon to have some marks on them,

your first mistake is trying to use aftermarket pads on that nice stock rotor,

i see so many guys ruin their braking componuts and hurt the braking feel and end up with all sorts of stupid problems from aftermarket pads 🤣

you can re-bend these rotors back straight and keep putting stock pads on them and continue to have bitchen braking ,

once you run an aftermarket pad you burnish in these glues and resins that the aftermarket junk pads have in them that the stock metal of the stock rotor was not intended to have on it :busted::busted:

now you will play hell getting it to act correct again 🤣

i just don't see what the attraction is to all these aftermarket, less than able parts :banghead::crazy:

look at what team honda or suzuki runs on their stuff :banghead:

or anybody that has been around this stuff for years,

all stock factory componuts,( very little in the aftermarket world is worth a dam )

man those ebc's are some of the worst 🤣 ,

I havent ridden it with the ebc pads yet. Sounds like I should pull them back off, get a set of oem pads and stop fussing about this...

Thanks.

This bike does have some serious stopping power. Ill have to keep oem in mind when I am due for some.

Yes, OEM pads are good. However, there are a number of aftermarket pads that are great. EBC...no, I don't think so. In fact, if the aftermarket pads are cheap, i.e. under $35 or so, they are probably not worth a damn. I highly recommend Dunlopad Pro series, or whatever they're called, and Ferodo. You will not be disappointed.

--Hack-Man162

I actually stopped worrying about the EBC pads/rotor and went and rode it. After about 10 laps the pads seemed to seat pretty good and work really well. I will switch to a different pad after these wear out given the negative EBC comments, but they seem to work great so far.

The EBCs were like $40, I got the better of the 2 compounds they make. We'll see how long they hold up...