Sign in to follow this  

Where to ride near Irvine

I'll be dropping my wife off in Irvine for her 4hr ATV Safety class, and was hoping I could get in some trail or track riding this Sun on my CRF250X while she's in class.

Recommendations on where to go close to Irvine. Many thanks.

Well, you don't have many choices, but there is one place not too far away. Wildomar OHV Area is about 45 minutes away. If you are red sticker, check for any restrictions before you go. Head south on I-5 to Ortega Highway and take it towards Lake Elsinore. In about 20 miles you will pass through the small town of El Cariso. After you pass the Forest Station on your right, look for a road named Killen on the same side of the highway. Take this for about 8 miles and you will get to Wildomar. It is a small area, but if you have 4 hours to kill, you could ride for 2 and still be back in time to get your wife. To let you know, you can ride every trail there in about 40 minutes.

Wildomar OHV Area is Green sticker only right now...

Wildomar, December 1 through February 28/29 for Red sticker

Wildomar OHV Area is Green sticker only right now...

Wildomar, December 1 through February 28/29 for Red sticker

the 250X is a green sticker bike

It's next to the Kawasaki Motors bldg on Geronimo Rd in Irvine.

ahhh i know it well...unfortunately there really isnt much within 45 minutes. But if you have the time to make the drive, there is Elsinore MX park. about 45 minutes away. not my favorite, but definately worthy of killing time.

Wildomar it is. Looks like I can run most, if not all the trails, and make it back to Irvine in a couple of hours. Many thanks.