Sign in to follow this  

Big Gun Exhaust for KLX 300

I purchased my bike with the Big Gun exhaust and I love how it sounds and performs, but I'm guessing if I get it tested, it won't pass. Does anyone know of the best way to quite this baby down without losing performance?

I also have a big gun on my bike but all i did was get the quiet core that they sell for it and it will pas the 96db limit easily. The great thing about it is that you only lose a little bit of power on the top end of the bike. You will only notice the power difference if you rev the bike out REALLY far. Its an easy fix and well worth it.

i dont really know but i would just get a fmf q series exhaust it is ment for the forest and sounds great gives you alot of power chris

I also have a big gun on my bike but all i did was get the quiet core that they sell for it and it will pas the 96db limit easily. The great thing about it is that you only lose a little bit of power on the top end of the bike. You will only notice the power difference if you rev the bike out REALLY far. Its an easy fix and well worth it.

Krops,

When you put in the quiet core did you rejet it. The Big Gun sales guy mentioned that I may have to go a little leaner with the quiet core installed.

I see a quiet core in my future also. I love the sound, but I'm sure there are those who don't. I'll mainly need it for riding in the National Forests. Where I normally ride is private land and it is not an issue.

Actually, until recently when I heard someone ride my bike, I didn't realize how loud it is. The helmet really muffles the sound when riding, plus it is projected behind me.

i had to rejet like 1 or 2 sizes different on the main but i also had a 340 at the time so i needed different jetting than you would. I could never get it quite right but thats probably because i had a dyno jet kit in my bike. It always ran rich above 4000 feet. But before i put in the 340 i think i was running a 132 or 134 main.

i had to rejet like 1 or 2 sizes different on the main but i also had a 340 at the time so i needed different jetting than you would. I could never get it quite right but thats probably because i had a dyno jet kit in my bike. It always ran rich above 4000 feet. But before i put in the 340 i think i was running a 132 or 134 main.

Krops,

I have a 340. Do you remember what dynojet main you were running and what clip the needle was at when you put the quiet core in?

I don't know what Krops had in, but when we had the 340, BG said to put in a 145 or something insane like that. Might have even been a 148. Spent the better part of a really hot day at El Mirage pulling the tank, checking the plug and changing MJ's. Finally got down to a 135, but it still ran rich in higher altitudes. Ended up with a 132, but still, at Gorman it always ran rich. Jerry left in the DJ 132 MJ when he put in the FSW needle for the new 331 and it runs great at higher altitudes. From what I finally found out, we have consistantly been running rich. If I remember right, you're running a 128 aren't you 7thumpers? That might be the ticket....

Correct, 128 at the third clip on the needle. I put the quiet core in and got some smoke out the back -- took it out and the smoke was gone. I had a 124 in at the forth clip last spring and it ran fine at elevation and down low. I have just been increasing the size to see if I can increase the power a bit.

I don't know what Krops had in, but when we had the 340, BG said to put in a 145 or something insane like that. Might have even been a 148. Spent the better part of a really hot day at El Mirage pulling the tank, checking the plug and changing MJ's. Finally got down to a 135, but it still ran rich in higher altitudes. Ended up with a 132, but still, at Gorman it always ran rich. Jerry left in the DJ 132 MJ when he put in the FSW needle for the new 331 and it runs great at higher altitudes. From what I finally found out, we have consistantly been running rich. If I remember right, you're running a 128 aren't you 7thumpers? That might be the ticket....

sorry to get a little off the subject but this is making me wonder how well bill knows his own son i mean he cant even recognize that its me from the picture in my avatar much less the fact that everything im saying about my bike is what he is saying. :banghead:

I see how much you care :banghead:

My bike runs clean and crisp now with jerrys jet kit in it at any altitude that ive been at. Actuallyl the first ride that I put on it was in arrowhead and it ran awesome. Im very happy with it.

I cant find the jetting spec sheet that jerry gave me right now but when i do i will post up exactly what is in there right now. The 331 compared to the 340 shouldnt make a big difference jetting wise, so this should give a pretty good idea of whats going on.

sorry to get a little off the subject but this is making me wonder how well bill knows his own son i mean he cant even recognize that its me from the picture in my avatar much less the fact that everything im saying about my bike is what he is saying. 🤣

I see how much you care🤣

Why you sneaky little turd! 🤣 When did you get a TT account - NEWBIE!!!

:busted:? Good to have you here. Why did you sneak in under the radar? Don't you think you should change your TT name to "mutant offspring of Bill_P" or something more fitting? :busted: Welcome to the club. Now go take out the trash and detail my bike!!! :banghead::banghead: