Sign in to follow this  

what brand of bars

I have a 2004 XR400R I want to change the bars to over size bar but I don't know what brand and also what brand or type of adapter any suggestions.

I have a 2004 XR400R I want to change the bars to over size bar but I don't know what brand and also what brand or type of adapter any suggestions.

by over size do you mean 1 1/8"? i just got a set of windham bend pro tapers ($75) and a set of moose adapters ($35). the adapters only raise the bars about 1" or so, for me i wish i had an inch or two more rise. i had a pretty big 3rd gear wipeout yesterday. the bike was doing cartwheels and landed on the bars several times. the bars are still straight, and aside from a minor scratch...perfect.

here are some pics.

DSCF0345.jpgDSCF0344.jpg

I had a nasty third gear endo yesterday thats why the stock bars have to be replaced. I have not yet mastered the throttle responce on the xr400 caught the rear tire on a small jump not enough throttle way too late. I rode my Buddy's 400 he has tags with a 2 inch adapter it was comfortable.

The Pro Tapers are as tough a bar as you're gonna find. I love mine. I went with the CR Hi bend and the Tusk adapters.

Bars1.jpg

did you force fit your 7/8" bark busters on those 1 1/8" bars?

Renthal 7/8 bars are surprisingly strong. You could go to those bars w/o having to put the adapters on your bike. The Pro Taper and renthal fatbar are cool if you like that style bar but the renthal twinwalls are the best 1 1/8 inch bars IMO

No. I bought the adapters to fit the big bar but they didn't fit right either, so I filed out a regular set to fit the radius and put a rubber pad between the bar and adapters. It's not pretty but it works.

>did you force fit your 7/8" bark busters on those 1 1/8" bars?<