Sign in to follow this  

2005 crf450 rear suspension revalve

Ok here is the question. I had my 450 revalved and I am kinda lost on my whether I like it or not :banghead: I know that sounds weird but the harder you ride the better is works, as you get tired and slow your speed down the bike feels loose and springy. So my question to all you suspension experts on the rear suspension when you revalve do you make the back end quicker or do you slow is down???? Thanks for all your help :banghead:

I'm assuming by your question that you had your suspension valved for a beginner. The techs usually make the suspension soft and supple for beginners. Super plush, not very progressive. Just play with the clickers a little.

I will help you .I am a B rider . I bought a NOS 05 crf 450 and HATED the suspension . I read all the reviews and thought I was going to turn into a super hero on this wonderful suspension bike > WRONG , Dont get me wrong i am sure the bike works great for alot of people just not me . I like my stuff to be really plush from top to mid then really stiff from mid to bottom . I tried all the settings you could think of . I ended up "lawn darting" myself while testing and decided I was going to spend the money to get the suspension done or sell the bike . I sent it to PC and just got it back last week , I rode it 3 times this weekend , and LOVED the bike now . It goobles up stuff like my 2 year old daughter . It is a whole different bike .

Yea I felt the same way after reading the test of the bike. I did just have my suspension of mine redone for expert over 30 level. When I got it back the suspension feels kinda of loose and real quick on the rebound side. I told the suspension tuner I thought it was too quick on rebound,{ but maybe I was getting used to the factory suspension before}. I was told he quicken the suspension rebound to keep the tire on the ground over bumps rather than packing up and deflecting off or unloading on bumps. So when you got your suspension back was it the same way??? I am still playing with the clickers and some other settings.

I had my 2004 CRF450R shock re-valved and while plush it took me awhile to come to grips w/the rebound. It seemed fast no matter how much I slowed the clicker down.

I have an '06 that I'm just breaking in & and am experiencing the same fast rebound problem. I've Ty MB1 & FCC and they both say that they try to set up the valving to regulate this a bit.

I'd be curious as to what others are doing.