Sign in to follow this  

terraflex and race sag adjustment

my new teraflex II has raised the rear of my bike about an inch. Now I'm really having a hard time touching and the bike feels like a jacked up hot rod. Currently I am running 4" of sag. My question is would increasing my sag by an inch be a bad thing? I weigh in at 160lbs fully dressed if that makes a difference.

I want to avoid the kouba links, because I dont want to loose suspention travel, but even if I did use the DRZ1 links would I still have to raise the forks, because the tire already raised the rear I want to get the bike to set like it did with the 120 on it.

You could increase sag just a little but I wouold not go more than 4.25. Correct sag puts the levers and links in the right position to work as they should. What is your inseam? Maybe the answer is no Terraflex.

my inseam is 32"

what does the kouba link 1 do that running 4.75 of race sag wouldnt do?

what kind of problems would I have running that much sag? I'm not jumping this bike or anything. Just some single track woods riding.

hey Fred_Bear, I personally wouldnt bother with the drz1 link. It really messes up the suspension and is not worth it. I would either deal with it being higher and in a few months the knobs will wear down some or get a different rear tire. I went through the exact same thing as you buying a tera flex and then being tempted to get the bike lower but it is to much of a sacrifice. If you do decide too I have a drz1 link for sale at half price.

Do you have a gel seat by any chance? Makes a big difference.

yep, I have the gel seat. I know that I might just have to learn to deal with it if I wanna run the t-flex. But what I really wanna know is what will it really do to the suspension if I run too much sag?