Sign in to follow this  

300 MXC or YZ250?

I'm currently riding a WR400F and looking to switch over to a two stroke motocross. I've ridden my friend's 02' yz250 and like it a lot. But I keep hearing people ranting about the power the ktm 300 puts out. I'm looking to get the KTM groups opinion. Anyone who has ridden both your opinion would be greatly appreciated. 250cc class / open class it doesn't matter to me I just want the better bike.

The suspension on the mxc would be soft for mx; I'd do the yz250 or a 250sx.

Elton

made the switch from a 1999 wr400 to a 2000 300 exc, and I would do it again in a second. Lighter, faster, quicker revving, limited range though. If you are going to MX then the yz would be better. If you are trail riding, I prefer the exc tranny. It gives you about 5-10 mph more on the top.

It depends on what type of riding you are doing. The yz or sx will be better at the track, the 300 for trail riding. I would find a KTM forum and talk with the 2-stroke crowd.:banghead:

I'd say look at the new 300 XC. It's got the stiffer suspension and should put a huge smile on your face.

I went from an 01' WR426 to an 04' 300 EXC and in every situation but top speed, it's a much more fun bike to ride.