Sign in to follow this  

why does RC etc.. stay in the AMA ?

how come Ricky Carmichael etc.. stays in the AMA and don't go to the world championship, don't think there really any American's in it

why???

imho, the us nationals are a still a bigger deal, with greater depth the 'worlds' (actually euro and commonwealth) series. that may change in the future. seems like there are alot of fast youngsters in europe now.

for whatever reasons, most american athletes have preferred not to go to europe, whining about the different language and food and culture and stuff. i don't know why. i had a great time in europe (7 yrs), but i'm slow on a motorcycle, lol.

Reason #1 is of course $$$

but reason #2 is that theres nothing "World" about the FIM world championship. Thats why.

Do they have a race in North America? Well how can it be called a "world championship" if its only in a hand full or countries accross the pond?

Maybe in N Ireland there is prestige in winning those races--but here in moto-heaven...Southern California....few people even follow that scene. Its considered the minor leagues, a step backwards...

#3 is that the courses are so easy, so non-challenging, so silly, that its not worth racing.

It should be called the Euro championship or something. Why would Stefan Everts race in europe and make a LOT less money than he could in the states? Becouse he isnt good enough to win titles in the big leagues...

Why do FIM champions keep coming to race in the AMA? The FIM GP races use to be a big step up from the AMA. Now they are on a similar skill level, though it sounds like the FIM promoters do a better job. Excluding the race they planned in LA.

Look at some of the old factory/privateer riders who can't seem to prevail in the US and instead go to Europe to find success. It's almost like going from the NFL to the CFL.

Another good example is going from the Pro Ranks back to being a simply local A, lol, there isnt any competition.

Since RC has conquered all of our championships, it would be nice to see him rack up some new ones (or not)no matter what it is like over there.

Why do FIM champions keep coming to race in the AMA? The FIM GP races use to be a big step up from the AMA. Now they are on a similar skill level, though it sounds like the FIM promoters do a better job. Excluding the race they planned in LA.

that's a matter of opinion. in my opinion (and those i know) the GP is still several steps above the AMA. i'd like to see a yank travel over there and OWN for a season or two. would make me smile! :banghead:

but reason #2 is that theres nothing "World" about the FIM world championship. Thats why.

Do they have a race in North America? Well how can it be called a "world championship" if its only in a hand full or countries accross the pond?

The FIM world championship has more rights to the 'world' title than the 'World Supercross Championship'. How can you race two round in Canada and the rest in the states and rightfuly claim it to be the world championship?

Im not too much of a patriot type of guy but when it comes to motocross, America is the best.

Having a factory ride in America is as good as it gets..going to Europe is simply considered "B-Team"

From an American point of view you would be correct. For a European to race in the World Championship would be just like an American racing in the AMA.

I agree, America has the biggest MX championship but to right off the World Championships as 'B-Team' would be selling it short I think.

Reason #1 is of course $$$

Maybe in N Ireland there is prestige in winning those races--but here in moto-heaven...Southern California....few people even follow that scene. Its considered the minor leagues, a step backwards...

#3 is that the courses are so easy, so non-challenging, so silly, that its not worth racing.

It should be called the Euro championship or something. Why would Stefan Everts race in europe and make a LOT less money than he could in the states? Becouse he isnt good enough to win titles in the big leagues...

IronDude - I agree with all but #3 - Not all GP tracks are smooth and easy like the Ernees (MXDN) track. I wouldn't say they were "non-challenging", maybe not as technical as some AMA tracks, but not "easy" either.

Who are these morons that keep posting these type of questions? Like you said, AMA is the Big Leagues, everything else is minor or little league.

The FIM world championship has more rights to the 'world' title than the 'World Supercross Championship'. How can you race two round in Canada and the rest in the states and rightfuly claim it to be the world championship?

Do you have to race around the world to be the world champion? And can it truly be a world championship if every country doesn't participate?

The "FIM World Championship" GPs are mostly in Europe,(Japan got one this year :banghead: ), but I didn't see them in the Middle East, Central, South, or North America, Australia, etc etc. How can they be the "World Championships" according to your reasoning?

FIM had 2 races outside of Europe, (Japan & South Africa) so maybe they should be the "European Championships" not the World Championships?

That's is a real weak argument. How can they, the FIM, claim "world" when there was what two races out side of Europe, one in Japan and one in South Africa, all the rest in Europe?

That's is a real weak argument. How can they, the FIM, claim "world" when there was what two races out side of Europe, one in Japan and one in South Africa, all the rest in Europe?

Ok here goes.

For those of you that only took 'American Geography' instead of 'World Geography' in school. Europe is not a country, it is a continent.

The FIM staged 17 round of the 'World Motocross Championship' this year in 13 different countries.

The 'World Supercross GP' is run over 18 rounds in two countries. And with that, only two stand alone rounds.

All I am saying is the FIM have more rights to the 'World Motocross championship' by going to 13 countries than the promoters of the 'World Supercross GP' do by going to 2 countries.