A little help for the newb.

Hey, I'm 17... and need some help. I want a decent bike that wil serve me well. unfortunatly i am not that wealthy. I dont have a bike yet but have been riding some street bikes on and off for some time. I love it. Street bikes are my favorite. I know that you may give me some shit for that seeing as 4 strokes are typically dirt or duel purpose. I wanted to know if anyone could just tell me some stuff they know about four strokes that'd help me out in chooseing a cheap, reliable, easily four stroke. I am partial to kawasakis and generally don't like hondas but im open to anything.

Like i said, this bike will be for street only pretty much so any mods you think i should look into just tell me.

How is insurance and such too. Anything at all you think i should know about four strokes and street biking with them.

Thank you in advance.

Sorry if i anger anyone with my ignorance.

-Matt

Probably get a better response in the Dual Sport area.

First - What's your definition of cheap?

Are you looking at LONG rides (longer than an hour or 2?)

How experienced are you?

I'm biased toward the DRZ400. Mechanically sound, low maintenance, it can tool along at freeway speeds (not designed for long periods though). It's also quite a nice dirt bike (provided you remove the stock tires).

You should be able to find one in the ~$3000 range.