Sign in to follow this  

Quiet pipe improvement possible

what is the best quiet pipe replacment for a DRZs? i like the quiet tone of the stock pipe but a 'friend' put a new look in it recently. i want to drop the weight of the stock pipe anyway but i need to keep it quiet!

last year riding fire roads in mammoth, CA, not only were we stopped, we were checked for license, registration, mirrors, working turn-signals, and checked with a decibel meter!! by buddy with a big-gun pipe got a ticket for being over 96db.

I would like to find a full system as quiet as stock in stainless and aluminum. I am happy with the power and sound. Just don't like that wood stove painted black pipe and the fact that it is strating to rust inside muffler already with only 600 miles.

I live in Mammoth and have ridden well over 1500 miles of trails this summer and have never been stopped by the twig pigs. But I would think the Yosh full SS with the cork in it would be quiet enough, i have it and never have ran the cork, and hope not to!

I have been running an FMF Q2 and it is OK. I liked the bottom end performance of my WB E-series S-bend better but the Q2 is quieter. Fit and finish of the Q2 is good and it is lighter than stock.

How many disks wrer you running w/ the e-series and nthe quiet core insert?

I have been running an FMF Q2 and it is OK. I liked the bottom end performance of my WB E-series S-bend better but the Q2 is quieter. Fit and finish of the Q2 is good and it is lighter than stock.

I have the fmf Q, powerbomb header. I found a improvement in power all around. The Q saves some weight, and the sound is within reason. I would buy the offroad e version for the s if you are buying the whole system. The superior swagelock fitting of the offroad version at the header, and the pipe junction is worth it.

5 discs, a quit core II and a new Moose cartridge packing. Sound level tested at 96 dB.

I just got one of these from Leo Vince, Haven't had it but 2 weeks, but I really like the different end caps you can use, quiet or not so quiet. With the quiet one in place, I think it might be slightly louder then stock, they say 94db in their ad and I would say it's that or less.

http://www.leovinceusa.com/cart/search.php?Model=DR-Z400&Make=Suzuki&Year=2005

You can see the internal design of the muffler here. It works.

http://www.leovinceusa.com/main/sound.php

I just got one of these from Leo Vince, Haven't had it but 2 weeks, but I really like the different end caps you can use, quiet or not so quiet. With the quiet one in place, I think it might be slightly louder then stock, they say 94db in their ad and I would say it's that or less.

http://www.leovinceusa.com/cart/search.php?Model=DR-Z400&Make=Suzuki&Year=2005

You can see the internal design of the muffler here. It works.

http://www.leovinceusa.com/main/sound.php

Be careful if you buy a Leo Vince X3, because that is nothing like the one I just got rid of.

No interchangeable end caps, or any other baffles, and really noisy.

Also no performance improvement over a standard UK spec "E" silencer.

Neil. :applause::bonk:😢

PA160174.jpg

My yosh RS3 full system tested at 98db with the new style TEC insert...this makes me feel loud.

Nobody here has any dyno proof of improvement?

Has burned tested any quiet pipes that make more power than stock?

He's tested the Yosh SS system with and without the TEC.

Where is the link that shows the power increase?

The yosh ss system is not the quiet system, is it?

If so, I must be confused.

Somebody explain please.

Do a search for dyno and yosh, it should be easy to find. I love the yosh system with the old style inserts since you can have open for full power, medium where you might need to keep the volume down a little and meet a 96 db standard, and the small insert when you want to be totally stealth. Obviously the open has the most power by a significant margin, especially off the bottom. The medium is still better than stock especially on the bottom and in the midrange. The small is the same or slightly better than stock down low, much better than stock in the mid range and less than stock on the high end. Even with the small insert, 3x3, dj, and 15/47 i can wheelie in 3rd gear :applause:. I used to rejet to a 140 main for the small insert but don't anymore. From my butt dyno i get better mid and bottom with the 142.5 main and the small insert where i spend most of my rev time.

FMF Quite core and powerbomb header,

This is the combo I have. I am very pleased with the performance and noise level. :applause: