Sign in to follow this  

seat height?

My friend wants to get a 250f or a 125, but the seat is to high for her is there any way we could adjust it any lower?

psst search button.

I hate to be a search Nazi, buuut that's any oldy but a goody. Do it quick before one of the meaner ones finds you.

I have to speak up here... I know & have witnessed the same questions being asked here over and over.. the same old question.. BUT.. I have seen Many different answers.. and building a "database" of answers is the whole point here right? So shouldn't the "search" police lighten up a little? Getting the question answered will only build up the data(threads) to a given question, so when one does search there is a huge wealth of information. Can we have too much information on a given subject? When I research a question I like to look at as many opinions as possible, even though we have some very very intelligent people here, I like to read replies from more than the same 3 people.

I'm short and went from a Honda CRF230 to the YZ250F. I felt like I was sitting on a fence! I bought a used seat off ebay and shaved the foam way down. Looked almost like a freestyle seat! It made it much easier to touch and initially gave me much more cornering confidence.

Once I got used to the bike, however, I felt that the shaved seat was making it harder to slide up on the tanks and so my cornering skill hit a plateau. So I put the stock seat back on. I still can't touch the ground for crap, but it's not a problem once you're used to it.

Of course I set my sag and slid the forks up as much as allowable, too. You can pay big bucks to have someone lower the suspension, but I don't know much about that.

If your friend is interested in buying the seat that I already shaved down, let me know. I'd be willing to let it go fairly cheaply. I won't be using it again. I can send pics on and off the bike.

I looked into this for my son but unfortunately it doesn't help the seat height issue. According to their website it changes the head angle by raising the back end...not lowering the front end....thereby also raising the seat height!

Technical Info.:

Our link will make the head angle of your ’03-'04 YZF 450 steeper by 1/2 degree. It will raise your bike 7mm at the center of the seat, 9mm in line with the rear axle, and 13mm if measured at the rear finder tip.

EDIT: I just noticed that they do sell a "lowering Link" for a CR450/250. I was looking specifically for YZ250f products when I origionally checked there.