Sign in to follow this  

2006 heads

the 2006 crf 250 heads are here. :banghead: new seats,problems should go away🤣 I got mine today cant wait to install it, hope it works🤣 I talked to a shop in tenn, that puts new seats and stainless valves in 250 heads. he said this should fix the problem :banghead:🤣

im not sure i work at the dealer, but my cost was $ 227.00 and that is 10% over cost.

So about 275-300 dollars i would guess.

im not sure i work at the dealer, but my cost was $ 227.00 and that is 10% over cost.

So about 275-300 dollars i would guess.

...And what exactly do you get for that? What parts, or work done?

the part # is 12010-KRN-674. you get the head with guides and the new seats and the cam caps.

are the heads for the x and the r the same? what year/model bike will you be putting it on? do you know if the ports were changed at all for 06?

Thanks for the part number.I think if yo worked for the dealer you would get a better price.At Service honda list is 332.60 and they sell it for 219.55.Just checked it on there web site.

Keep us posted on your progress as I am getting tired of ripping my CRF down to replace valves every 25 - 30 hours. Let us know if it changes the performance any from the 2005 head.

I hate to re-hash the endless threads here regarding valve problems and their (theoretical) causes...but I understood that the consensus was/is that it is the titanium valve that is the problem, not the head/seats.

If you are continually changing valves into an existing head with "in spec" seats in it....how is a different head going to "cure" the problem :banghead:

CRF250X 04-06

12010-KRN-674 for $219.55 from www.servicehonda.com

I have been using them for a couple of years now. It takes about two weeks to get your parts but the savings is incredible. You can also look at oem.thumpertalk.com store... they also have great prices.

i wish i had a valve problem. i have owned an 04 and have used it from Feb. 04 to June 05. never had a valve issue. however, i had my left side mainshaft bearing let go, not once, but twice. first time was July 04 then again in 6/05. sold the bike.

i then started using my 05 to date. so far so good. a lot of people are hung up on valve issues. valves are cheap compared to the 800 bucks in parts alone for cases, bearings, gears and shafts, etc..... that hurts....

that puts new seats
How can you put new seats? Isn't it an integral part of the head?

are the heads for the x and the r the same? what year/model bike will you be putting it on? do you know if the ports were changed at all for 06?

I've got my money on the 06 X and R seat material change for increased longevity.

The 2006 250X and R heads are different. The main difference, besides porting, from what I have gathered is that the Exhaust Valve Stems are 5mm on the 06 R (the 04-06 X and 04-05 R Ex Valve stems are 5.5mm). You may :banghead: need all the components in the stack up of the Exhaust Valve (Valves, retainer, base shim, keepers, springs and seals???) if you want to run the 06 R head on the other motors.

Do your own research to confirm on Servicehonda.com, they have every honda part from 1959-up on their site.

How can you put new seats? Isn't it an integral part of the head?

It can be done, but it's a big job. You have to sweat out the old seats, press in new ones and then cut the seat angles. Not that big a deal if you have the right tools, just time and money.

as i said in the crf forum about the 06 head it has new seats but, could of swore it was the valves that where wearing out not the seats ??

Don't you read i already posted that info.Also the problem is that the seat's are so hard ,harder than the valves that the valves are mushrooming.

yes, you can call steve litz racing in tenn. 1-423-323-0489 he will change your seats and install stainless valves. :banghead: