Sign in to follow this  

What color id your 06 going to be?

Hello all,

Just trying to get a feel for how popular the Anniversary model is going to be. There are only 100 made and I have no idea if that is the USA allotment, or worldwide. I am #1 in line for either but don't want to pass up a blue yammie if the yellows are not going to be as available as our dealers insist they will be. Thanks!

I am 1st in line for a 50th anniversary model @ 6260 OTD.

I had not heard of the 100-unit limit for the anniversary model.

If this is the case I probably will not get one. Too many dealers not enough to go around.

Perhaps if your dealer is a high volume dealership, you'll get it this week :banghead:

If not, plastic and seat covers are cheap - althought the graphics can be a little spendy. Who says you can't celebrate without paying them to do it???

Blue for me. :banghead::banghead:🤣 can't wait! They said this week i might get it.

Mine's blue and it's in my garage. I've been riding it for a week now. But.............it's a 2-stroke.

If I get an 06, it might be blue but most likely green or red.

Blue hear, but may which to yellow when I feel like it and won't cost me the extra $200.

Really?? Only 100 of the Anniversary edition? That doesn't make sense considering the # of Yamaha dealers there are across the country....especially since they are only charging an extra $200 for the Yellow version. If they are only making 100, I'd think that they'd ask alot more. I'd also assume they will be a collector piece and not one to ride. Just my .02 !!!!

100 YZ250F's and 100 YZ450F's. From Yamaha of Japan's website:

On September 20, 2005, Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd. will release a limited edition of 100 units of a "YZ250F 50th Anniversary Special Edition" model of the highly competitive "YZ250F" motocrosser that mounts a liquid-cooled 4-stroke DOHC single-cylinder 5-valve compact engine on an aluminum semi-double cradle frame. This commemorative special edition celebrates the 50th anniversary of the founding of Yamaha Motor

I heard 20% of the 06's were going to be yellow

My college buddy who owns a dealership in Ok has me

down for the first yellow one in the door. Guess I better

call to double check

if there is only gonna be 100 of the yellow ones, the plastic makers are gonna make a killing off of a yellow kit and graphics.

want yellow, asked for yellow, might be on blue (at least temporary).

I thought it was 1,000?

Owell. I won't get a 06 for another couple of years when they are for sale used.

I heard 20% of the 06's were going to be yellow

My college buddy who owns a dealership in Ok has me

down for the first yellow one in the door. Guess I better

call to double check

Well, I guess if you look at it that way, if 20% are to be yellow, that would mean there will be 500 250f's and 500 450's in the states this year. I don't think that's the case. I wonder how many units they sale each year? I would think it's closer to 2,000 each.

Wow; even though the thread is young, I am suprised to see the interest in the yellow scoot - most people shrugging off the additional $200. I hope everyone who wants a yellow YZ-F gets one. I'm still first on the list but now will likely just take the first of the 3 alloted, no matter the color. A dealer has no real way of knowing that they are indeed getting a Anniversary model. I would venture to say that if you're a high volume dealer, expect to get one. I also wouldn't be surprized to see some dealers holding onto their Anni editions for display purposes -

Thanks for the numbers SUnruh

A dealer has no real way of knowing that they are indeed getting a Anniversary model.

buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. thanks for playing. a nice parting gift for you.

they most certainly DO know!!!

my connection knows exactly where their 2 blue ones and 1 yellow one are right now. (that they are getting in the next 14 days). the LE seems to be 1 week behind the blue ones.

and they are not exactly a "high volume" dealer, but have increased their sales dramatically from just last year.

100 YZ250F's and 100 YZ450F's. From Yamaha of Japan's website:

On September 20, 2005, Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd. will release a limited edition of 100 units of a "YZ250F 50th Anniversary Special Edition" model of the highly competitive "YZ250F" motocrosser that mounts a liquid-cooled 4-stroke DOHC single-cylinder 5-valve compact engine on an aluminum semi-double cradle frame. This commemorative special edition celebrates the 50th anniversary of the founding of Yamaha Motor

I'm getting yellow. If you're quoting them above, it may mean exactly that - "On September 20, 2005..." - it could just be the first batch, then they could make more later... :banghead: