Sign in to follow this  

Thunder Alley or Stage 1 Hotcam

Just wanting to know what would be the best buy to get more lowend the Thunder Alley or the Stage 1 Hotcam. Thanks for any info. This is for an 05 CRF450

There is NO exhaust that can compare to the Hotcams Stage 1. For less that $200 the cam makes a big improvement off the bottom. Good luck finding an exhaust for that price with that much performance improvement. I have the Stage 1 for close to a year and the roll on power is remarkable.

I have a stage I in my 04 450r and love it. For what its worth i also invested in a boysen accel pump cover and t-4 muffler. I feel all of them were good investments. :banghead:

The Thunder Alley pipe on an otherwise stock engine works incredibly well but as Shawn pointed out, the combination of the pipe and a Stage 1 cam is even dramatic especially on the earlier engines. In fact for situations where traction is limited it might provide too much low end bias and make it tough to keep the rear wheel hooked up. When you have enough traction it's an incredible combination for the money. It would be tough to find a better value IMO.

I have had a carbon pro, pro circuit, FMF, CHM and an akropovik and the thunder alley was so much better. I just wish it looked better The Akro was the best looking the FMF did nothing. I still might put a yosh on my new 06 but will still get the TA in case and sell the yosh. the yosh looks awesome.

ps get the ceramic coating on the TA