Sign in to follow this  

Flat spot on low end & sputter on high end?

I have a brand new Pro Circuit T4 silencer on my 2005 250X and there's a flat spot on the low end and an occasional sputter on the mid to high end. Do I need to re-jet? If so, what size jet? Or how do I fix the low end problem and the sputter?

I think the best thing you can do is to call Pro Circuit and tell them your situation. I don't know how there tech help is but I'm sure they are more than happy to help you out. Personally it sounds like your jetting needs to be adjusted. But I'd still call them cause they know alot more about that stuff than I do.

I had that problem with my 250r.I have a FMF pipe with jet kit.I had brought it in the shop for service and they messed with my carb.they set the fuel air to stock.then it sputtered at mid range,then i set my fuel air screw out 2-1/4 turns out for me it fixed the problem,sputter gone:banana:👍

250x? the stock muffler is much more corked up than a 250r muffler. i would say you proli need 1 size up on pilot and a couple sizes up on main. of course thats without messing around with it but thats the direction youre going to need to go in.