Sign in to follow this  

Exhausts on 06's

Im just going to say that i believe that the dual exhaust on the new hondas is a total waste of money and time, u can do just as good as a single exhaust and they sound better to

We all have our own opinions and thoughts, so keep them to yourself if all you want to do is argue motox_2005

thanks yammie, yeah thats cool but from what ive heard and ridden im definetly against this double exhaust thing, to me louder is better

The twin pipes are nothing more than a selling point for Honda.Just like under seat pipes on road bikes, wave disks, USD forks etc,etc,there is no real performance advantage over what the industry boffins designed in the fist place..

The twin pipes are nothing more than a selling point for Honda.Just like under seat pipes on road bikes, wave disks, USD forks etc,etc,there is no real performance advantage over what the industry boffins designed in the fist place..

so your telling me that wave rotors don't dissipate heat better than a solid rotor, or USD forks aren't stronger and don't flex less than conventional forks?

:banghead:

thanks yammie, yeah thats cool but from what ive heard and ridden im definetly against this double exhaust thing, to me louder is better

You obviously haven't heard an 06 because it isn't any quieter than an 05.

We all have our own opinions and thoughts, so keep them to yourself if all you want to do is argue motox_2005
What this thread is all about then? Mmhmm, yes, you are right, totally agree...? :banghead:

haha nothing at all just about how worthless the new pipes are on the 06 250's i think its just a marketing scam for honda

Even if it is a "marketing scam", it's working for them right?

Whatever sells bikes.

I just picked up my 06, and its handleing characteristics are much better than the bike I had before... I dont really know how much of that has to do with the twin pipes, but it really does seem to work.... On the same note, it also seems to be way more snappy than the 05 and have a bunch more power, but then again, it is hard to tell how much of that comes from the exhaust.

I love mine as well. The two pipes do give it more low end. and it looks cool.

Not really. Thats the higher-compression piston and new cam profile.

Compression is up 12:9.1 from 12:5.1