Sign in to follow this  

VM38 mikuni woes

We just got a Track Master framed 350 Honda thats been taken out to 460cc

the bike is really fast and set up for ST....The problem I have is that there is

so much vacuum at the back of the slide that when you first hit the throttle off idle there is a noticeable resistance on the throttle grip.....(has 1/4 turn throttle) In the past I remember drilling a small hole (1/8) in the front part of the slide (opposite cutaway) this releaved some vacuum and let the slide move freely.....But, I don't remember exactly what the specs were? :banghead:

Does anyone recall doing this to a larger Mikuni?

BC

Got any ideas on how to eliminate the hard initial throttle movement? Im sure you must have experianced this before with all the Mikunis you have messed with.....especially on big four stroke singles..If you turn the idle way up it goes

away..need to equilize the pressure somehow......

BC :banghead:

ive never had one that hard that it was a issue.

the way i picture it in my mind you would need the hole above the cut away on the engine side.other wise it will just raise the idle.

this exact thing is the fcr carb on modern strokes have the slide on rollers and a vacuum release plate.

Yeah I know, unfortunatly this is a new AHRMA ST we got in Nevada.....You would like it Eddie. Track Master frame made for center port Honda 350 has a hoop for the aircleaner

to fit through..really cool frame...engine is stroked and big bored to something around 460

has a 38 VM style carb.....Im really stating to consider a one turn throttle...has 1/4 turn

that might fix my problem...