fast little dude!

I was at my local riding area last weekend just play riding, this dude rode up on a 125 ktm and asked if I would like to race one lap. I said sure, I said go ahead I'll try to catch you, I'm on my 450 so giving him the holeshot was only fair. He took off and I followed him, I caught him, passed him and finished the lap. The whole time I was following I was thinking; This dude can really ride, he must be a B class rider to push that 125 so hard. After the lap I pulled over to chat with the guy. He stoped next to me and said " you are the only person thats beat me all day!" I noticed that as he was talking to me he left his feet on the pegs just balencing himself as he was sitting. I said "you must race here a lot." " Oh yea." he replied. "I beat everyone". Then he started to piont out his other victims. " See that guy on the 450, I beat him my 1/4 lap" and so on and on. We were talking for a while so I kill my bike and pull my helmet off. He goes into this long this rant about how I could be dominant in the 250 c class If I start raceing, the whole time he is just balenceing on his bike effortlessly never taking his feet off the pegs. Finally he kills his bike and pulls his helmet off, still balencing on the pegs. I was shocked to see a little kid looking at me, I could have sworn by his skills he was at least 17 or so. I asked " how old are you?" "Im 12" ?:banghead::banghead: I could'nt say anything, my jaw just dropped. He had to balence himself on the pegs because he cant reach the ground. I asked about his raceing, He says he allways gets first on every track every time. He said he just got his 125 a few months ago and will start raceing it next season... He is going to kick but.

We spent the rest of the day riding together, he asked me about corners and jumps, I wached him ride, giving my advice. This kid is amazing! Im going to have get a video camera and post him, otherwise no one is going to believe how good this little dude is. I really believe I just met a future Motocross champion. 40' doubles at 12? Beating 250 c riders at 12 on a 125? Holy crap!!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no pit dad yelling at him?? :banghead:

How did you guess. HA HA!

His dad and mom were both riding at he time, imagine that.

Also, anyone doing triples on an 80 is impressive, but here is something to keep in mind, this was a riding area, not a track. The "lap" I was talking about is a counter clockwise sprint around a big pond in the middle of an gigantic sand pit, about 2 miles around. It an old strip mine, rough and wooped with soft sand. When the water is high as it was last weekend, it comes right up to the back of some huge berms (8 to 12 feet high and about 40' peek to peek) built up by quads and bikes. The tops are soft and the launch whips you to the left, to land you have to be whipped to the right. These are what I called doubles, 10 feet tall on the outside and inside as well. Most riders will hit the side straight, land way outside, ride around the berm and then turn in to keep to the inside. This dude was hitting them and sticking them. I'm 3rd gear and screaming to clear these, a 12 year old on a 125 doing this blew me away. It was like watching Pastrona as a kid. Bottom line, I have to get a camera, when you see it you will understand.

BTW, his name is Cody.

Oh yea, the name Ryan Villipoto, was ringing in my ears while I was typing that last post. I predict Ryan being the next RC, or at least the next MC. As far as the balancing thing goes, he said he learned it riding trials. He said "if you can ride trials you can ride anything." I don't know if its true, I just think he has awesome talent.

I know a guy, dont know if u do, zeb dennis, he can do the same thing, balance on his footpegs. He can start the bike up, turn it off start it up turn it off over and over while just balancing on the foot pegs. Thats the coolest thing ive ever seen. Comes with years of skill. Ryan Villipoto was amazing on his 80, so was davi millsaps and mike alessi.

(Not bragging,,,, it's just how it is nowdays)

Haven't you ever been to a motocross track. The tracks now days are full of kids that can run with the A and B riders on their 85s. My son just turned 13 and it dosn't matter if its on the track, in the woods, or just in the back yard. He finds the fastest guy around and wants to race. He rides at least 3 days a week and is always wanting me to take him somewere to ride.

Then when we go to any of the big races he's a midpack rider. (he's working on that part) He can sit on the bike without puting his feet down for a long time. Not as long as you were talking about but at least tell he gets his helmet off. He can ride a wheely for ever on his 110 and there isn't anything he won't try to jump on his 85 or 100.

Thats just the way it is now.

Video Page

Here is the video page from our web site. My son "Cody" is number 286. All of the vids on that page he was 12 years old. One of them he was on my RM250 doing a 30 dubble.

Eddl,

your right, I see kids all the time jumping a 90 ft table on 80's on our local track. :banghead: They are fearless and also highly skilled. My buddy is a solid B rider and he was riding tricked out yz 450, and it was all he could do to stay on the fender of a local 12 year old on a 85. He would pull the kid like crazy in the straights, but that was it.

I also saw a small kid on a 125, the biked looked huge for him. It was very muddy day and the kid was flying through the slippery, rutted, nasty track. He was the only one jump the 90ft table. :banghead: It was scary to see. The bike was squirting all over the place and he would just launch only to land into a rutted out, swampy depression. Crazy.

just wait until Nico izzi moves up to the pro's. talk about a fast 80 rider! I'm a top 250B rider and this kid would smoke me on a sand track while hes on a rm85. you will be amazed when you see him make his pro debut. now that hes moved up to the 125 class, he will blow your mind!

My son and I just started racing this year. I'm still amazed at the kids that race. The first time I saw a kid on an RM85 pulling big bikes, then lengthening that lead with every lap, I was blown away. Now I'm still blown away, but not surprised. There was a kid on an RM100 a couple weeks ago racing school boy. He took second to a kid named Phil Nicoletti (sp) that is unbelievably fast. This kid wasn't that far off of Nicoletti, but they were both WAAAAAY out front of everyone else.

Kids on 65's and 85's jumping HUGE jumps, going sick fast. It's crazy, but not unusual. :banghead:

freekstyle,

theres a little kid that just broke RC's record for consecutive moto wins at Ponca City from Central Florida, his name is Adam, I wont even try to spell his last name becuase I'll just butcher it. Wait till you see him on a KX65 hauling major tail, he is so small it looks like he is a remote control rider, major talent and skill, along with tons of style. Very cool to see him moto :banghead:

He's on the "up and coming" list for sure.