Sign in to follow this  

1/4 mile drag race

when out riding with a friend yesterday, we found a 1/4 mile long road. so we decided for a race. ( we both have thumpstar 120cc) and my friend won buy about a good 20-30 ft. we did this 5-6 times. every time he would win, he even gave me a 2sec head start and i still lost buy a good 20ft or so. (oh buy the way I weigh 70kg and my friend is only 50kg) 20kg makes a big differnce. i think i need to lose some weigh or make my bike lighter if i wanna beat him....... but on the drit track i'm miles faster, i even laped my friend once.

Jesus...what happened to english? What the hell is kg.???? I could help if someone here spoke english?

Jesus...what happened to english? What the hell is kg.???? I could help if someone here spoke english?

KG is the metric measurement of weight......it stands for Kilograms. Very much part of the english language :banghead:

Now if you Yanks would catch up to the rest of the world and use the metric system...... :banghead:

P.S. I'm not really sure how you guys feel about being called yanks, is it like you calling me aussie ?

No offence intended at all !!! Just a friendly jab....

Why don't you get your head out of your ass and join the rest of the world...dumb ass. GO METRIC your holding us back.

:banghead::banghead:

Learn english, your improper word usage is holding yourself back :banghead:

..you're...

:banghead:

Ok then, once I was watching drag racing in England. They raced on a 1/4 MILE track. They posted their elapsed speeds in KILOMETERS per hour. WHAT THE HELL??? Standard AND metric? Why don't they just post MPH or change the track to 400 meters? 400 meters is just a few feet short of a 1/4 mile. :banghead:

They tried to force the metric system on us in the 70's. I don't think we're gonna use it.

Well atleast you're half way there.......dollars and cents...

Now if you Yanks would catch up to the rest of the world and use the metric system...... :banghead: QUOTE]

I have to admit he's right. The metric system is universal (and more logical ).

from my experiences metric is so much easier to use then inches

:banghead:

Being a toolmaker, i'm trained to used either system of measurement, and although i have absolutely no issue working in Imperial/Inches i really do find metric just that much easier and simpler.

I really do find it strange the the USA hasn't changed over yet.

Does anyone actually have a real answer as to why ?? :banghead:

um because theres so many idiots here that if we completly switched something that big it would cause a mutiny

hahahaha......fare enough.

i think we are slowly changing over. look at cars and trucks. i used to be able to buy a chevy truck with a 305 or 350 V8 now its either a 4.8 or 5.3 liter.

How funny I read this and fell in the floor.The same thing happened(metric and slandered) on one the mars explorer so instead of landing on the planet it oggered in. :banghead: