Sign in to follow this  

CRF250R/X Rear Sag Oddities

Keep riding it for a while. The spring may need to break in a bit...Id just set the race sag at 100mm and mess with the clickers until you like the ride of the shock and after about 5 more hours of use recheck the sag...I bet its down around 110-1120. At that point, when you reset your race sag, your static sag will come into line...

Keep riding it for a while. The spring may need to break in a bit...Id just set the race sag at 100mm and mess with the clickers until you like the ride of the shock and after about 5 more hours of use recheck the sag...I bet its down around 110-1120. At that point, when you reset your race sag, your static sag will come into line...

I've been riding it all summer :banghead: So the spring is broke in for sure.

At around 170 lbs with gear, my race sag is 3.8" and my sag is probably 1.3". That was as close to the "perfect" 4" - 1" combo as I could get. And it's working fine.

I discovered the problem...

The CRF250X manual says the rear shock spring should measure 10.2".

I never looked to see what the manual said about the stock spring length when I noticed the sag was 2". Like I said before, this was when the bike was brand new.

I adjusted the sag right at 1" before I even rode it. This had me pre-load the shock spring at least 1/2".

I just measured the rear spring as per the Manuals instructions, and it's right at 10".

Conclusion; Obviously my shock spring was never adjusted correctly at either the factory or dealer prep. I'm not sure where that process goes down, probably the factory.