Sign in to follow this  

How you like them apples?

Ok, so I met a guy on the street w/a 400sm and I have a 400s. All I could see is that he had a yoshi pipe on, but the guy took off! Mind you I am still running stock, but exactly what performance diffs can a person expect from sm to m? Also, I ordered a Yoshi sr3 complete system, dj kit for the 400s, and extended fuel mix screw. From stock, what can I expect in gains? A fellow told me on another thread that I could look for the surging to go away, and say goodby to the dead spot in the throttle response. But what am I really going to be looking at here?

instant throttle response is the best performance gain i got from my yosh rs3.... as soon as i crack the throttle the power turns on.... which has really been great in the woods when i need to loft the front wheel to get over roots, ruts, whatnots

after doing the jet kit/full system/3x3 mods my bike felt like a new machine.... it pulled alot harder throughout the power curve, the off idle bog was gone, no more surging at around 55-60 mph like it did before.....

you'll be very pleased with it....

I assume you have to jet the carb after putting the Yosh on? How much did the pipe run you? I'm hoping to get my 400S in a couple months and I like to work on stuff like that. Although I'm afraid of carburators....

Tim

The yosh ran me 392.00, complete system, and yes I'll jet out the carb at the same time that I install the pipe. There is alot of good info on the forums, and you could prob. find someone who has a step by step b/down of the jetting. If you put it back the way it came off, you really shouldn't have much difficulty.

yeah, rejetting the carb and the 3x3 mod seem to go hand in hand with the full exhaust systems.. i bought my pipe off a fellow tt'er.... i think they run about $400 and some change for a new one....

i've got a word document that runs you through the rejetting/3x3 mod step by step, including pictures.... gimme an email address and i'll send it, along with a document on adjusting the float heights as well

i, too, was apprehensive about wrenching on the carb, but it was no problem at all

I live in Oak Ridge, TN and the altitude is 875ft above sea level. I ordered the DJ kit for the drz400s, but do I need to order a diff main/pilot? What jets are good for riding 800-1200ft? I wanna be able to say, " You like apples? (VRRRRROOOOOOMMMMM) How you like dem apples?"

i'm in wilkes county, nc (pretty close in altitude.... i think wilkes is around 700+ft)

it's been a while since i rejetted, but i think the main jet i used, per burned's specs, was a 140; the rest was: 25 pilot; needle on the 4th clip

you might want to post a thread in the jetting forum to make sure though

Thanks dejay, got your email. :banghead: Let you guys know how it goes. Im doing my 3x3 this weekend if my DJ kit shows up.

Got it! Thanks! Now I just have to keep selling stuff on ebay to get enough money together!!! :banghead:

Tim