Sign in to follow this  

Does anyone ride 2 diffrent bikes?

I have a 2003 yz450 and the motor grenaded on me over the summer, So i bought a 2005 rmz450, Im going to fix the yz450 and I was thinking of keeping it and just riding it, Im sure there will be certain tracks were I favor the yamaha over the zukini and vice versa. I just think it would be nice to have 2 bikes so im never out a ride, say if one bikes getting suspension work or motor work. Does anyone on this board ride 2 diffrent brands and enjoy it, I think it might even help for racing, since the rmz is alot easier to corner and alot lighter and not as powerful as the yz, the yz would be a good practice bike, What do you guys think? Thanks

I used to always ride two different bikes, then I noticed that made me slower on both of the bikes. My lap times improved when I took the time to really train on one bike and get comfortable on it. Besides your RMZ is so much better than the YZF the question would be why? Unless you want to get used to a bike with a brutal power band, has a high center of gravity, and does not corner very well. Then switch over to a bike with great balance, easy to ride motor, and corners better than any 450 ever made. Just my thoughts, have fun either way.

I have an '05 crf 450r and an rmz 450. I use the crf for the des. and what not and the rmz for the track only. I don't know if it's because they both have similar frames or not but they both feel pretty similar in some ways. It took me about two laps to get used to the engine and tranny differences between the two. The rmz handles way better for me on the track and I like having the extra gear in the des. It's also nice not being down and out because one of them is nonfunctional for whatever reason.

I had my 2003 RM250 for a while before I sold it, I love my RMZ-450 but everytime I jumped back on the two smoke, I grined from ear to ear. It gave me a big scare aswell. I use to thrash that thing and then I was like hell this thing has got some killer snap.

Im faster on the 450 but that 250 is way way more fun, they will also get you in to trouble real quick lol

I have a 1999 KX250, 2003 YZ450, and 2004 KTM 525EXC that I move back and forth on. To my surprise I am fastest on the KX, YZ next, and the KTM is the slowest. I did all these timings on a firebreak/track that I made years ago on my mom's property. I like the ride the YZ the best, and the KTM is the easiest to ride.

If I buy a new bike it will most likely be a 2006 YZ or RM 250. I know the CRF and RMZ are better bikes, but I want to ride the 2-strokes more til they just won't let me ride one any more. I'd probably lean towards the RM more since the first bike I bought with my own money was as used 1978 RM250. I think the YZ is probably a all arould better off-road tool (probably best) especially now with the speed sensitive fork, but I need some yellow in the garage. :banghead:

Keep you YZ, put a big tank on it and a auto clutch and use it for off-road and use the RMZ for MX.

Cheers,

I have an 05 RMZ450 and an 02 CR250, I play ride the 2smoke and race the 450, but the 250 is going bye bye this weekend selling it, gunna put a little money into my 450 for next year then maybe buy a second bike next spring, was thinking of another 4stoke, maybe DRZ400 or another type of off roader.

I have an 01 wr250f along with my rmz 450. i havent ridden the wr since i got my 450 but if the buds wanna hit the woods and it looks like the bike might get nasty then ill def. be glad i got the ol wr in the garage.

I used to ride 125 and 250 and rode yz250F/450f. It gets old pretty quick. You'd be surprised at how much more work you have to do. If you wanna run 2 classes run your level and CC and then age group. That's what I do.