Sign in to follow this  

Moab Trails at Risk!

The permit for the Easter Jeep Safari in Moab is up for renewal. SUWA and other "green" groups want the permit denied. Even if you don't attend EJS, this issue is important for everyone that rides in Moab. If the EJS permit is not renewed, it sets a dangerous precedent ultimatly leading to trails being closed to all motorized vehicles and It would be a major victory for SUWA.

Write to the BLM Moab Field Office and support alternative A. The mailing address and email addresses can be found on the BLM website listed below.

This is a post I copied from http://www.rockymountainextreme.com

Jeep Safari EA comment period ; Letters needed!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The BLM has published its EA (Environmental Assessment) for the RR4W Jeep Safari 5-year permit, which expires at the end of this year. Whether you are an EJS fan or not, it is imperative that we all write to the BLM supporting Alternative A, which basically grants the permit as requested. (Alternate B would deny several routes, including Pritchett and others, and Alt. C would deny the permit completely.) The EA for this permit is not only for EJS and Labor Day Campout, but for all other motorized, non-competitive events that require permits on EJS trails.

Even though the EA does not effect casual motorized use (i.e. use that does not require a permit), the denial or restriction of the EJS permit would set disasterous precedent for Moab trails. Once "permitted" use is banned, how long do you think it would be before some of these trails are closed to ALL motorized use?

PLEASE go to www.blm.gov/utah/moab and download the document (its a PDF file), read through it, and WRITE A LETTER TO THE BLM SUPPORTING ALTERNATIVE A. The public comment period runs through October 31.

Jeff Stevens

Moab Friends-For-Wheelin'

Red Rock 4-Wheelers

Thanks for bringing this to the attention of us at TT! :banghead:

I have reviewed the document and crafted a letter that I will send tomorrow. Everyone please take the time to respond to the BLM is support of Alternative A!🤣 If we all just sit quietly on the sidelines, we will loose our areas sooner than you can imagine. Please write!!!!

If anyone would like a copy of my letter to mold to your tastes, just shoot me a PM and I'll email you a copy. Please take a few minutes to change it around some, but at least you'll have an example to work from, and the address, etc.! :banghead:

I sent my letter in yesterday when I received this same notice from USA-ALL. This is definitely a cause worth fighting for.

i just faxed them a letter, using brian's letter for some ideas. fwiw, the fax number is 435-259-2106.

since i work in a similar office, i know that faxed comments receive exactly the same attention as snail-mailed comments. i am not as confident about emailed ones personally.

mw