Sign in to follow this  

How much do you pay?

to have new fluids and fork seal replacements for the front forks and fluid replacement for the rear shock? My local guy wants $280 which seems kind of high but I don't know. :banghead:

I should add this is for an '04 KX 250F with the Kayaba's

I think it depends on who is doing it. I know when I worked at a small motorcycle shop, he charged quite a bit, just to do the front seals. Now, it was because he wasn't specialized in it. He charged more for the labor part of it, because it wasn't as easy for him, compared to a person who does it every day. I would say getting it revalved by a person who does it regularly is the way to go. Again, they do the seals and oil etc at the same time anyways. I know Russ, Shockdoc, and some others here would love to revalve your stuff, that way you will be killing two birds with one stone and be happier with your suspension to boot. :banghead:

I know Russ, Shockdoc, and some others here would love to revalve your stuff, that way you will be killing two birds with one stone and be happier with your suspension to boot. :banghead:

I actually wanted to have the "disable bladder" mod that Shockdoc recommends done while they are doing the other work. I've printed out the pics and a quote from Shockdoc explaining it. I'm in the Sacramento, CA area . . where is Russ and shockdoc?

Anyone know of a good suspension shop in my area?

to have new fluids and fork seal replacements for the front forks and fluid replacement for the rear shock? My local guy wants $280 which seems kind of high but I don't know. :banghead:

I should add this is for an '04 KX 250F with the Kayaba's

Are you going to take the forks and shock off the bike, or are you bringing the whole bike in?

Are you going to take the forks and shock off the bike, or are you bringing the whole bike in?

Everything is off the bike already. Just looking for someone to do the work!

It's kinda high. A fair price is around $100 front or back suspension. So around $200 to service forks and shock.

Just call and get some quotes in the area:

Langston Racing

FC

RaceTech

MB1

etc.

These guys are all down south aren't they? My brother just took his RMZ-450 to MB1 and was really happy with the results but he's an "expert" rider. I'm only a trail rider so I don't think I really need the expertise of these guys.

I'm surprised to see nobody in the Sacto area.

do it yourself, there pretty easy too do :banghead:

My understanding is that you need some special tools to get these things apart and then seal drivers etc to put it all back together. Is that correct?

I started to do my own on '05 YZ250F but need special socket for upper cap and decided to call a local shop. I already had the seals and oil for front. I took him the forks and parts and he did it same day for $40. I found out about this guy from talking with other guys at the track. He has a small business. Otherwise, I would not have found him. Did a great job. :banghead:

I took him the forks and parts and he did it same day for $40. I found out about this guy from talking with other guys at the track. He has a small business. Otherwise, I would not have found him. Did a great job. :banghead:

Does he have a brother in California?

I'm in the Sacramento, CA area . . where is Russ and shockdoc?

Don't know about Russ but my shop is here in Cent. FL.

doc