Sign in to follow this  

To buy or not to buy

I am looking into purchasing a new RMZ 250 I think that it is a 05 all stock I am currently on an 01 YZF 250 that is set up I am wondering if there are any issues that I should look for and if the power will be an improvement also how do they stack up agianst the YZF's and CRF's as far as performance on a Motocross track. :banghead::banghead: all help welcome

Brian

My advice to you is to stay with the Yamaha, i have ridden/owned both the CRF and RMZ and yet they are both very competitive bikes, there realabilty wont match the YZF. You got a great bike and if your the type of person who wants to ride more than work on your bike I would Stay with what you have. I currently have a 05 rmz and as soon as this race season is over its gone and I am going back to blue and staying with them. just my 2 cents worth

I agree, if you like to work on bikes get an RMZ or KXF, if not stay blue. Selling my 2005 KX250F and still have no interest from anyone yet.

RMZ all the way, the YZF's are like tanks, the CRF's are a little better. Neverthless the RMZ's handling is the best. If you are a no oil changing, put your bike up dirty and do not want to keep you bike in the best condition... buy Blue, they are bullet proof. However when they do let go, get ready to spend a ton!

I have rode them all and the RMZ is the most enjoyable when it come to handling without spending a ton on suspension mods.

If you are interested in buying a new bike, I Highly Recomend you check out the 06 YZF. They say that is Daylight to Dark better than previous years and I know for a Fact that the new suspension Rocks :banghead: , I rode an 05 YZ 250 :banghead: for about two months and the new Kayaba Suspension is as close to Works Suspension as you will get, they were so plush and smooth, it felt like riding air suspension. again thats just my 2 cents

People have had different experiences with the kxf/rmz, but I've had nothing but problems. Went back to yzf250 (I had an 02 before, bought a used 05), and even though it handles like a yamaha, I hate driving 1-3 hours to ride only to not ride. So I'll adjust. That being said, nothing other than a 125 smoker will turn close to a kxf/rmz.

Still eyeing a 06 kxf though to see if they are more reliable though.