Sign in to follow this  

Place to put stuff

So I have the super duper cool 400SM and took off the tool kit to make it look even more super cool. I only ride the SM around town and am not too worried about breaking down without a buddy near by. I need a place to put my registration/insurance info that is easy to get to without tools. I am thinking on the inside of the airbox would be a good spot (where you can get at it with the twist tabs on the side of the box. Maybe a clear plastic cover like those used for parking passes on the inside of your car window? Any ideas on where to pick one of those up? Or just a better idea? I would prefer to keep the info on the bike and not in my jacket as I have a couple I wear. Thanks for the help!

i have mine duct taped inside the headlight cover in a plasctic sleeve i purchased at office max. seems to work. it hasn't gotten wet in 14 months.

J

I put mine in a ziplock bag that is inside small zippered pouch behind my headlamp. The zipper of the pouch has a velcro strap through it attached to the speedo housing. It's going nowhere and totally invisible. :banghead:

Go to a outdoor store and get a small drybag, they make them down to 3x5 if not smaller. They will fold over on the top a couple of times and then velcro down. Much heavier then a zip lock bag. I have several of different sizes and use them for things like to keep my manuals in on the boat, if I trust them to keep those dry then you can bet they will not fail.

Go to a outdoor store and get a small drybag, they make them down to 3x5 if not smaller. ... you can bet they will not fail.

I attach a small drybag to my camelback for mountain bike rides. They do work great. Maybe I'll get another one for behind my headlamp. Good idea.

If you are the only person to ride the bike, how about keeping it in your wallet?

For me, it's registration and insurance in the wallet and factory toolkit between the headlight shroud and the speedo pod. Sits there with gravity just like it was meant to do it. Never leave home without your tools, amigo!

Zip lock it .... then put it in your helmet liner. Easy to retreive and you cannot forget it. :banghead:

Zip lock it .... then put it in your helmet liner. Easy to retreive and you cannot forget it. :banghead:

That's a good spot! :banghead: That is what I used to do, until I got more than one helmet :lol:

:lol: