Sign in to follow this  

My very first post

Suzuki Dr650, 2005 with like 5thou on it. Got it for 3500. Im ognna grab a Yoshi pipe since hte stock one rusts like almost immediately like you can see.

I like it, just drove it home today, the last enduro i could find in the area. im selling my 4 wheeler to pay it off, so wanted something i could still have fun on. And not kill myself like i know i would on a crotch rocket. so heres the pics!

778834_17_full.jpg

778834_18_full.jpg

778834_19_full.jpg

I like it, its comfy, it has a custom seat on it thats more cushy and shaved down a bit since im kinda short. Im glad i bought it. Gonna read the forums now and see what the first things i should do are. Its my owrk transportation lol

Great! Welcome to the group. If you park the bike indoors it wont rust. Looks like that pipe has spent some time in the outdoors overnight. No matter. Has it been lowered or has the kickstand been painted? That stand does not look stock. The seat is a great addition as the stocker is a torture device. Also, you will like the windscreen. That one isn't too big but will keep some of the wind and crap off your mug.

Nice bike!

OOOOOOO! Purdy. I remember when mine looked like that...When I get my 05' back from Nicoll Racing I'll take pics. I've been beatin'er like a red headed step child. :banghead:

yep, next idea, is to go motard, I got some AVON tires going on next week hopefully, looking at replacing the entire exhaust (im in an apartment, so its goinna be outside) Got a VERY big chain, to chain it up with and a big lock.

Not sure what to do next any ideas?

Welcome to the group. BTW, it's also worth signing up for the Yahoo DR forum as well, exclusively 650. The only company that does a complete system incl big bore header for the DR is the Australian company Staintune. The are beautifully made, but not cheap. Why not take your header off, sand the rust off and repaint with hi temp exhaust paint? Would look good as new. Put on an FMF-Q, open up the airbox, chuck in a DJ kit and you have a whole new bike on your hands - the stocker is slow, slow, slow....... Good luck! Cheers Dave.

sweet, i deidnt even think about that, i can hi temp powdercoat it prolly. What temps does the pipe get to?>

Welcome to TT! Great bike you have, not so sure about the screen though, but you'll decide on that yourself in a while.

All the great help here soon gives you the confidence to tweek it a bit.

The airbox mod and dynojet kit is the way to go for a simple, cheap power boost.

Have fun!!!

Don't know exactly, but very hot. the VHT exhaust paint is supposed to be for up to 1200 degrees F. BTW, the muffler itself won't rust, as it is stainless, but at 15+ lbs, it's a boat anchor. Having said that apparently they flow reasonably well - just sound awful. I'm delighted with my FMF-Q, great sound and with the DJ kit and airbox mods, plenty of extra get up and go, especially in the mid range. Cheers dave

yeah, it fits well, around 32 inch seat height with the custom seat on there (not the gel seat, its been shaved and reshaped) I have an acon rear going on that is 5mm wider, adn still working on what i want to do on the front, the rear is already a 17 so im not worried about that. I was looking for a Yoshi pipe, but ill end up with FMF adn then do the airbox and jet it. THen prolly a new front sprocket and then go with the rotors. Havent really decided the path yet, but im about to get rid of the hideous rear thing iwth the liscense plate bracket, make my own, and mount the light to it up under the fender, so all you see is the plate nad the light shining on it. Ive got like 5 sq foot of aircraft aluminum and benders etc. Ill get some pics of it, maybe make some more for people

If you figure out something that looks good, is small, and incorporates the license plate lite, I'll be the first to your door.

;-)

im working on it right now, Its gonna be rough cause i dont have a vice or a soft blow hammer with me right now, so i gott use a curb to get a rough shape

And, here it is. Its not perfect i got a rough setup so when i go to work tonight i can work more on it (if there is spart sheetmetal laying around)

It bolts to the rear most mount for hte under fender, but needs some cleaning up a bit, but my dremel tool is dead so i cant cut anymore. should weigh less than a half a pound, and requires curtting the wires and resplicing them.

778834_20_full.jpg

778834_21_full.jpg

Your not going to see hardly any sheetmetal when i get done, but right now i gotta go to the DMV< my birth certificate came in for me GA liscense lol. ILl post more later

Mine is just a piece of sheet aluminum also, really small and just holds the plate to the subframe. No light. looks good.

you like so far though?

Yeah. If it were me I'd probably try and rig up something w/o the red lite and just use the clear, perhaps from something else. Also, I think I'd angle it up and back a bit, maybe not hanging down so much. That is not to say your effort isn't tits. It is.

Looks good. ;-)

Bought my first dual sport today...2005 DR 650 SE...with 95 miles on it for $4300. Can anyone give ideas on pipes...i.e Two Brothers vs. FMF-Q. Custom Seats? And does anyone know what motard fender will match the suzuki blue?