Sign in to follow this  

I'm invading Wyoming

I can't stand living in p*ssy NY anymore. My brothers can't stand living in p*ssy, too-far-from-snow SoCal/AZ anymore. We all live for snowmobiles/powder, mountains, guns, beer, and want to shoot large animals like Elk. So we are all pooling up and moving to Wyoming. I'm coming out there in November to scope out some property and was wondering if I am gonna be able to find good beer (microbrew) or will I be drinking Coors? I might bring my own.....

Anything I should definitely make a point of seeing while I'm there? How is the sickle ridin'/trails in the off-snow months?

We all live for snowmobiles/powder, mountains, guns, beer, and want to shoot large animals like Elk.

It sounds like Wyoming is your place then. You'll fit right in. There are a few Wyoming guys lurking around here that will chime in. I know a guy that lives in Rock Springs that is always bragging about the riding right from his door (and for good cause).

Where are you considering....Rock Springs, Evanston, Cheyenne?

It sounds like Wyoming is your place then. You'll fit right in. There are a few Wyoming guys lurking around here that will chime in. I know a guy that lives in Rock Springs that is always bragging about the riding right from his door (and for good cause).

Where are you considering....Rock Springs, Evanston, Cheyenne?

We are considering anywhere. I'm landing (hopefully:-) in Salt Lake, and then driving I80 into WYO. Going thru all the places you mentioned, then heading up north to the Buffalo/Sheridan/Ranchester area, then west/southwest (someone told me the Pinedale/Big Sandy area was decent). Wherever I end up doesn't have to have everything , since no matter what its gonna be closer to big game and big powder than I am now!!

We'd like at least 240+ acres minimum undeveloped.

Laramie has a lot of what you're looking for. Very good riding in the summer from what I've heard. Snow mobiles in the winter out near Snowy Range plus a ski area right there. Hunting shouldn't be an issue. In addition, you have the University of Wyoming so there should be a bunch of young women.

There's tons of microbrews here in Fort Collins which is an hour South so getting those beers in Wyoming shouldn't be any problem.

http://www.ftcollins.com/Media%20Center%20Pages/breweries.htm

Laramie has a lot of what you're looking for. Very good riding in the summer from what I've heard. Snow mobiles in the winter out near Snowy Range plus a ski area right there. Hunting shouldn't be an issue. In addition, you have the University of Wyoming so there should be a bunch of young women.

There's tons of microbrews here in Fort Collins which is an hour South so getting those beers in Wyoming shouldn't be any problem.

http://www.ftcollins.com/Media%20Center%20Pages/breweries.htm

Laramie playing host to a bunch of young college honeys definitely bumps it up on the list......

I talked to my tour planner/bro and here is some of the spots we are checking out:

Evanston, Fort Bridger (?), Rock Springs, Pinedale, Big Sandy, South Pass, Lander, Dubois, Cody, Powell, Sheridan, Ranchester, Buffalo, Kaycee, Laramie/Snowy range, etc.

Can't wait, I'm so hopped up on it I feel like:crazy:

Screw Fort Collins.

Wyoming is the place to be.

Rock Springs/Green River area is all right, but with the oil boom happening up in the Jonah and Mesa fields, the prices are through the roof.

Evanston is allright, so long as you don't have any kids that are school age since the High School is total shit (I went there). Evanston is an hour or less away from everything.

Awesome sledding up in the Uintahs (check my Snowmobiles thread in town square), bad ass fishing and hunting in the Ham's Fork region, not to mention wide open desert biking out on the Carter and Kemerrer flats, also have the Badlands over in "The Valley" to hit on the bike.

Not only that, but from Evanston, you can ride straight out of your house (if you live on the north edge of town anyway :banghead: ) and you have well over 5 to 600 miles of dirt trails and roads right there. We (me and some co-workers) do night rides a lot during the summer where we just bring the bikes to the shop on the north edge of town and after work haul ass out onto the flats and do ~ 100 mile loops.

BTW, Fort Bridger/Lyman/Mountain View = "The Valley" where the men are men and the sheep are scared.

Sheridan is the place to see if you like trees, but be prepaired to spend some major $$$$$$$$

Laramie is OK, if you are into the whole poor county, no money spent on maintanence, college life kind of vibe.

Buffalo... eehhh... are you serious?

Kaycee? What?

Powell is pretty cool.

Dubois... pretty nifty to visit.

South Pass is really cool to visit, hope you aren't planning on trying to live there.

Rock Springs: Lot of good friends live there and we go drinking out there about every weekend, be it the strip clubs, the bars, or the house parties. Places to drink: KP's (Kill Pepper's), Johnny Mac's, The Mellinium, and whatever the hell that other strip club was called.

oh... also... you should hit Farson on your way to Sheridan for killer ice cream, don't forget to stop at Thermopolis and hit the mineral hotsprings.

And when you drive through Worland (not if... "when") You have to stop in at this little hole in the wall restaurant called "Maggie's" the owner Margret is a hoot to shoot the breeze with, all of the food is fresh cooked, the fries and hashbrowns are cut fresh every day, and to top it all off, there is more then you can eat in one meal and its cheap. But she closes the doors at 3pm every day IIRC.

You should also hit Cody and the Buffalo Bill Cody Museum if you are into guns and western history/culture.

And thats about all I can think of off the top of my head. If you have more specific questions about the state feel free to PM me or email me.

edit:

if you are looking at at least 240 acres of undevelopped, get ahold of UPRC (union pacific railroad company) they have been auctioning off their sections of land along the rails for the last few years and there is still a bunch left on the south side of the state. Once you head north land prices go up since its more usable (farm/ranch) up there.

I currnently live in Laramie but have lived all over the state including Evanston as well as up inthe Powell, area Bg Horn Basin. IF you are looking for a more rual lifestyle where you can ride bikes all summer and sleds all winter all inside of 30 mins from your door Then you need to look into the Big horn basin Evanston is good also. Be aware that there are some places here that you will be a long way from anything civilzation, gas, girls but never beer.

The area around laramie you should be able to get some decent land but beware of the wind. The sledding is o.k. there are much better areas in the state for sledding. It all depends on what you like to ride as far as snow and bikes if you are into tracks the basin is where to be if you are into Steep and Deep sledding then the Basin wins agian the Bighorns have some of the best snow and there are probally 10 tracks that I know of right off the top of my head all within 2hrs if you swing through laramie let me know I might be able to show you around a bit. The last post was very good too. I also have a sled so that is coming first hand too.

Brian

You are also only about 21\2 to 3 hours from Cooke City in the Basin

Found the perfect place for ya... Phil Anschutz is selling his 300,000+ acre ranch near Saratoga. :banghead:

When I move back to WY it will probably be to Sheridan.

When it really comes down to it... just about ANYWHERE in WY is going to be a great place if you like wide-open places, and just the right amount of people.

When it really comes down to it... just about ANYWHERE in WY is going to be a great place if you like wide-open places, and just the right amount of people.

:banghead:

nothing quite like living in a state with a total population of ~ 500,000 :banghead:

supplicate,

I grew up in Rock Springs and my family still owns ALOT of land all over Wyoming as they have been ther since the Mountain men.

We still own 220 acres outside of Pinedale,,,

as a kid, we would hop in the ruck and drive to Farson for a HUGE ice cream, ..

My relatives used to own the Boulder store , and in pnedale, the ZZZZ inn, Zumbrennen tire, and about half the town,

then there is kemmerer, and every place else you can imagine,,,,

great riding....

as a kid, we would hop in the ruck and drive to Farson for a HUGE ice cream, ..

:banghead:

I remember growing up we would pester the parents all week long during the summer until they would finally break down on a saturday and haul our whiny asses up there. Then it would be a competition between us siblings to see who could get the biggest cone and eat it the fastest.

You don't sound too bad after all.

I hit this area almost every weekend. Never saw a brute like this guy though.

http://espn.go.com/outdoors/hunting/s/h_fea_elk_NM_Harber_05.html :banghead:🤣🤣

Holy 🤣 , thats a frickin' bull right there!! Unreal. Looks like the season is gonna bring in a few trophies (reading that sidebar on the Colo. mule:-)!

OTL I probably come off like a prick in most of my posts (sometimes they don't read like I intend, and sometimes I'm just retarded). I'm actually a ball-bustin' joker who is about as laid back as can be, and if I ever get down to NM we'll toss back some beers and have some laughs. :banghead:

Holy :banghead: , thats a frickin' bull right there!! Unreal. Looks like the season is gonna bring in a few trophies (reading that sidebar on the Colo. mule:-)!

Looks like a canned hunt to me. Just plunk down your money and they release one for you to shoot. Heck, they'll even finish it for you if you just wing it. Dress it too (for a price).

I am in cheyenne, we have to go pretty far for some real good riding..ie: not stuck to the trails, although cheyenne is a good central point for chicks in laramie and fort collins as well as near skiing in all directions except east.

I live in Evanston, WY. I have snowmobiled as early as Halloween and as late as 4 th of July. Ride bikes all year but have to travel some Dec to March.