Sign in to follow this  

Hobblecreek MUDFEST 2005

rush66 -- you are welcome to join... we'll be riding at 9:30am, starting from Kirkman Hollow. If you need directions call my cell 836 * 5246

- Eric

I thought it was a great ride, conditions were awesome. Everything went good except one of the guys and his buddy bailed after we got down Sawmill because he hurt his ankle.

I do have some photographic evidence of the event

Utahboy and Dan coming up over the ridgeline

hobble-creek2-004.jpg

hobble-creek2-003.jpg

One of my favorites this hill climb which I've heard deemed powerhouse hill

hobble-creek2-006.jpg

Hockguy and his friend coming down the first part of sawmill

hobble-creek2-009.jpg

Mrmoto making his way through through the loose roots by the crevice in sawmill.

hobble-creek2-019.jpg

Everyone showing their log crossing skills

hobble-creek2-015.jpg

hobble-creek2-016.jpg

hobble-creek2-017.jpg

Then creek crossing skills

hobble-creek2-012.jpg

hobble-creek2-013.jpg

hobble-creek2-014.jpg

Finally the group making their way through a field in center trail

hobble-creek2-018.jpg

It was great to get up in the mountains again as I'm sure there is only a little while left before everything up there is covered in the white stuff.

Nice pics! Looks like the weather held out just long enough for a good ride.

Man, I shoulda gone! :banghead:

Can someone post a map of the ride? I have ridden some of the upper trails (5th Water, 4th Water, 2nd Water, and part of Center Trail), but I haven't figured out how you make a loop ride which includes the sections below Ray's Valley Road.

It would also be helpful to include a brief difficulty description so I know how to take with me when I go. (Some of my kids don't like it too technical)

JDHOGG73 - Felt bad you couldn't finish the ride. Glad the ankles not broken... heal up soon. We'll be riding Cherry Creek through the winter (providing it's not covered in snow).

For the rest of you... it was a great ride. Not much dust, a little mud, and great temps. We got out just before the rain started to fall. We're going to try and do another Hobble Creek ride on Saturday the 29th, weather permitting. Else it's down out to the desert.

Utahboy and Dan coming up over the ridgeline

Great pictures! By the way the name is Dave not Dan.

Dan is a crazy guy that rides his DRZ like a madman. (Had to say it)

:banghead:

Cheers,

David

THAT WAS A FUN RIDE, LOOKING FORWARD TO THE FULL RIDE SOME DAY!

THANKS FOR THE GUIDE GUYS.......

ANYMORE PICS AVAILABLE?

I ONLY GET 2 MORE RIDES BEFORE I GET MY BACK FUSED :banghead:

LET ME KNOW WHERE YOU GUYS ARE RIDING THE 22ND & 29TH

WEEKENDS!! IM GOING TO BE OUT AROUND 4-6 MONTHS :banghead:

THANKS AGAIN BOYS,CHRIS

:banghead::banghead: Thanks for the good time guys! It was a blast; I just need to get in better shape because I still hurt. Great photo’s, good job. :lol:

Mud and Hobble Creek do not go together. I rode down Sawmill in the mud last month. Good thing I brought a 25' length of rope of we would have never gotten our bikes out of there till it was dry. I couldn't imagine trying to go up it in when its muddy.

Its all do-able, but man, it increases the risk factor bigtime. I took a 14' header into the stream when I slipped off the trail going down 3rd water. It was fun having the bike come tumbling on top of me, from 14' up on the trail, pinning me under the headpipe (2nd degree burns leave nice scars).

Where the trail is falt and muddy is never a problem. Its the off pitch trails cutting along the hillside when those are muddy thats the problem. This month I'll be riding in the San Rafael Swell, Moab, and I may take a trip to Ouray.

Nice to see the pics of the ride were dry for you guys... Sawmill was slick as snot when we rode the day after a nice big rainstorm.

Great pictures! By the way the name is Dave not Dan.

Dan is a crazy guy that rides his DRZ like a madman. (Had to say it)

:banghead:

Cheers,

David

Sry Dave I'm not very good with names and all I could remember is that it started with a D.

I might have a couple more pictures I will get everything up in a gallery and post it when I do.

It was a fun ride for sure but with the way the weather is looking I think I'm headed to cherry creek this weekend.