Sign in to follow this  

Anyone know of a DOT LED rear fender for 400

I don't think the BD LED taillight is DOT approved. Are you worried about being stopped for it not having DOT rating? I would be surprised if anyone were to check. It is plenty bright and it is very similar to what you see on many of the sportbikes these days.

Here is the link to the WA state law for motorcycle taillights. It sounds like all you need is to add a red reflector to meet the requirement. Take a look.

the BD LED Tailight is DOT approved

Sure is!!! :banghead:

If you decide to go that route, one word of advice I learned from the forum is to silicone the hole where the wires entire the light as dust and even water can accumulate in there and make it unslightly real quick.

Sure is!!! :banghead:

If you decide to go that route, one word of advice I learned from the forum is to silicone the hole where the wires entire the light as dust and even water can accumulate in there and make it unslightly real quick.

I had that problem, and they hooked me up with a new taillight. The wires on the new one are already sealed. :banghead:

Really? I guess mine had a rubber grommet on it, but I sealed that up anyways.

i just bought a led replacement from the car parts store. It fits the same hole as the bulb but it has about 15 led's in a circle insted of the bulb. Check this out http://www.jamstrait.com/1156s.htm

Let us know how it works out. Stock tail light seems pretty bright to me with the brake on. With filiment bulbs you always stand the chance of breaking one on rough rides. I replaced my bulb with a extra heavy duty one from local auto parts store. The filiment on these are much larger and should hold up better compared to the stock.

Whoa. Where did you get those blinkers? And where is your license mounted? That looks real good.

PM'ed you back, Hank.