Have you ridden your 230 in the sand?

sup alaskan gurl. ya i live in so cal. ive go to the dunes all the time. ive ridden my old 230 in the dunes quite a bit. i never got any paddle tires for it, but i did have quite a few upgrades done. i dont know how big the dunes are there on the oregon coast, but im guessing from dune experience here, u should do just fine. plan on really workin ur engine however.i could give u a little better advise if i knew what if any upgrades u have done to ur bike, and how big the dunes are in general.(mountain sized, or just medium sized dunes, etc.) my bike had quite a few upgrades and did just fine and was able to easily keep up with quads i rode with. so if u could just let me know about those 2 questions i can help u a bit more.

Ill have to ask some friends about the size of the dunes. I havent been there yet. They are pretty well known around here though, so I know they are awesome! Ill get back to you on that.

I have got a twin air filter in there, and I am putting in a larger main jet on wednesday. Other then that it is stock. Any suggestions on mods I should have done before I go?

Thanks for the help!

thank u for the answers. u should do just fine. i had a modded 150 do things out there in the dunes that amazed me. i was literally the lowest cc bike out there lol! any ways heres some tips on mods and what to expect. i dont know if uve ridden in dune sand before so ill start from the top:

first it is much different from trails or tracks. u will be needing to keep ur revs high, keep ur wheel spinning, and work the engine much harder than on other things. 2 upgrades that have been very nice for me in the dunes that u dont have (and still at reasonable cost) is a rev box( bbr) and an exhaust.

the exhuast can do the other half of opening ur bike up that the twin air didnt cover. big gun pipes can be very good on 150's and 230's. they give ur quite a bit of pep, and sound cool to!

and second of all, the rev box.

now on trails, it can be extremely usless. but in dunes IT CAN SAVE UR LIFE! in the sand u mostly powerslide and weave to turn while going up a dune, and in order to do that, revs must be high to get that wheel spinnin. the rev box might be one of the best mods for the dunes (for its price). u must have that high end power in a bike of its size (becuase its lacking the torque of ur hubbys' 450) so u can make it up dunes.

always remember to get momentum and high engine revs before goin up a dune. and always( unless u know that dune by heart) crest it as to not run into razor backs(dunes that have a curvature on one side and go almost straight down on the other) u probly knew what those were, but just in case u didnt....there ya go(ive run into to many of those to not tell som one! :banghead:) . these are just a few tips that i know from my experience that have worked for me.

remember go out there and have a blast ( let me know how it was when u get back!)

cool. by the way, a lot of people have told my that quads are made for dunes and its more fun on quads. BULLONI! ive ridden both out there, and there is nothing like the thrill of ridin a dirt bike in the sand as u power up the dunes. it can be an extremely fun experience, and only gets more fun the more u do it!