Husbands, show this to your wives!

First let me preface, I'm a wife married almost 5 years and I've been riding for a year now.

Wives who don't ride with their husbands or are involved in one of his hobbies are doing a major disservice to their marriage.

Oh, and before you guys start saying "I told you so", the same goes for you too.

Wives, if your guy is excited or passionate about something like riding dirtbikes encourage it. Or even better get involved. My husband and I have so many memories riding out at the desert and track together, we have another common ground and that makes our relationship even stronger than it already was.

I didn't know anything about dirtbikes a little over a year ago, but I saw that he was really into it as was his family and I didn't want to take him away from that. I didn't want to be one of those wives who complained because riding took away from their time together. So instead of making his life hell every time he went riding, I told him I wanted to ride WITH him. I wanted to see what he loved so much about it. So I bought the magazines and the videos, researched bikes and went out and got a CRF250. I immediately loved it and the family trips, I finally understood why he loved it so much. Now I'm the one "dragging" him down to the track every week and planning desert trips.

My point in all this is that our realtionship has become so much stronger, we have so much more fun together! Wives, you are missing out!

It's not the riding that makes the difference, it's the willingness to be proactive about the things he loves.

I heard one of my husband's guy friends say that he would give his right nut if his wife would show the least bit interest in the things he likes to do.

Something to think about.

I was married to a woman with little or no interest's other than walking around the block.

I now have a girlfriend who loves fishing, dirtbikes, the desert, going to races ECT......It makes a huge difference, I never knew how good it could be!

Well a couple things. First, I'm really into music, I play the piano and sing as a hobbie. He went a bought some recording gear and set up a mini-studio so that he could do the sound and the recording for me. We have alot of fun creating music together. Also, I'm an avid surfer and before he met me he had never surfed before. But he went and bought a board and now surfs wtih me any time he gets the chance. I'll let you know if I think of anything else.

I was married to a woman with little or no interest's other than walking around the block.

I now have a girlfriend who loves fishing, dirtbikes, the desert, going to races ECT......It makes a huge difference, I never knew how good it could be!

Thats the problem, I already enjoy these things, if not more, as much as my husband so we lucked out I guess... Gotta throw in hunting!!! :banghead:

The only thing we dont have in common is music, and i mean way NOT in common.

I've been married almost 18 yrs. :banghead:

Dirtbikes are my thing and she supports it. Even when she has to patch me up and take care of me. We do things apart and I think it's good for a marriage. I have a great marriage and a great wife, but riding is my time.

If it works for you, great. Just don't think it would for us.

Later

I've been married almost 18 yrs.

Dirtbikes are my thing and she supports it. Even when she has to patch me up and take care of me. We do things apart and I think it's good for a marriage. I have a great marriage and a great wife, but riding is my time.

If it works for you, great. Just don't think it would for us.

Later

Very similar situation here, except we've been married 10 years. My wife supports my riding because she knows how much it means to me. In return, I support her interests outside the family. She is also fine with letting our kids ride when they get older. Whether or not she eventually takes up the sport, is no big deal. If not, the status quo of mutual support works very well. If yes, it would be a lot of fun to have her with me on the trail.

R

Right on, we both race MX and ride in the hills. I don't think I could have it any other way! We've helped each other through some nasty injuries with more understanding then some other couples could. Besides, riding gives us something to talk about at dinner.

I'd like it if my wife rode again occasionally. Honestly, I like to go really fast through the trees and ride tough terrain. It would take her years to be able to get to that level. Having some time with the guys is also worth it's weight in gold.

We have plenty of other things we do together anyway.

I think, that if the S.O. is ready to give up a 'part' of her/onesself's and let her Man commit to what allows him to "blow off some steam", then, good. Misson Accomplished! Its not necessarily the couple that is together, understands each other; but, more the couple that understands each other stays together. MHO! :banghead::banghead:

i argree i dont want my wife to ride either, i love the fact that my 11 year old daughter rides, my wife supports my riding and likes to go on trips, but she would rather sit at camp and read or visit with everyone. it all works pretty well, but to each their own, what ever works best for your family, this is what works for mine

i argree i dont want my wife to ride either, i love the fact that my 11 year old daughter rides, my wife supports my riding and likes to go on trips, but she would rather sit at camp and read or visit with everyone. it all works pretty well, but to each their own, what ever works best for your family, this is what works for mine

Allthough my wife likes to tool around on a quad when we do a family ride! And I also have a 14 year old son who lives on his bike from sun up to sun down :banghead:

15 years ago, instead of buying a car, I came home with two dirt bikes. We have been riding ever since(he rode when he was a kid). We usually head out to the riding area together BUT, we don't always ride together. He gets HIS time, I get mine and then we will hit a few trails together. It works, we are still here.

I am not sure which one of us likes it more? I can't ever imagine myself not riding.

About hubby.....

He is 6'7", on a 525 and he loves "trails that are not trails".....the nasty, tight, steep, rocky, rooty BC single track, trails that you are fighting to get your handlebars through......I will do a couple trails like that, just not all day......I have watched other guys throw rocks at him "what the :censored:is this, it's not a trail!!!!!"........ so it's not just me.:banghead:

What works for some people may not work for others, some girls would rather be at a mall, and some guys just wan't riding to be their thing.

15 years ago, instead of buying a car, I came home with two dirt bikes. We have been riding ever since(he rode when he was a kid). We usually head out to the riding area together BUT, we don't always ride together. He gets HIS time, I get mine and then we will hit a few trails together. It works, we are still here.

That sounds like a 'win-win' to me. Congrats! :banghead: