Hey Shockdoc

Getting ready to do your "disable bladder" mod on my '04 KX-250F and needed some clarification. You said:

"You can leave the bladder in and just set your oil level like you would for a normal KYB without bladders. Instantly good working KYB's"

Can you explain how much oil is needed for a "normal KYB without bladders"? :banghead:

Thanks

Mark

Depending on what rate springs you are using and what your weight is you can use between 115-135mm oil ht. Maybe start at 125mm and see how that feels. It's easier to start on the low side and add in through the bleed hole if soft rather than being to high and having to take some out.

doc

Well then, the stock springs may be a bit on the soft side so if 125mm's feels to soft then add 5 cc's.

doc

Do you think for trail riding the rear stock spring would be OK or would you suggest going up to a 5.2 ??? Thanks again.

I think you would like the 5.2 but you may have to go to .46 w/lower oil ht. up frt. too for aggressive riding but, if as you say your're only trail riding (no big jumping) then you may get away with the 5.2/.44 combo.

doc

If I do go with the .46 up front, would you say 115mm would be a good starting place?

Also, can you recommend a good spring manufacturer? Thanks

If I do go with the .46 up front, would you say 115mm would be a good starting place?

Also, can you recommend a good spring manufacturer? Thanks

No, if you go with the stiffer .46's then go a little lower on oil ht. Possibly start with 135mm's and slowly come up from there as needed.

I get all my springs from The Springmaker, Cannon Racecraft. They have an ad running at the top of these threads.

doc

No, if you go with the stiffer .46's then go a little lower on oil ht. Possibly start with 135mm's and slowly come up from there as needed.

I get all my springs from The Springmaker, Cannon Racecraft. They have an ad running at the top of these threads.

doc

Thanks for the info doc!