Sign in to follow this  

riding a wheelie

ok i can get the wheel up nice and high but i have trouble riding it and holding it up there cause it happens so fast you know so do any of you have like little tricks or techiniques that you use to ride it..thanks in adavance

takes practice and brake control. i was surprised how easy i got it down after a few minutes of practice. after about 30min i was trying to cat-walk the bike( high wheelie at low speeds). i didnt practice for a week or 2 and went out and tried again and got over confident and ended up missin the rear brake and landing on my ass. dont do this....it hurt so bad. i still feel it pretty bad. i think i bruised my tail bone or something because it hurts like hell. could it be broken?

i did that once im trying to think if i did it on my bike....yea it was when my friend hit me on my dirtbike on his dirtbike man did that hurt but lets stay on topic here

takes practice and brake control. i was surprised how easy i got it down after a few minutes of practice. after about 30min i was trying to cat-walk the bike( high wheelie at low speeds). i didnt practice for a week or 2 and went out and tried again and got over confident and ended up missin the rear brake and landing on my ass. dont do this....it hurt so bad. i still feel it pretty bad. i think i bruised my tail bone or something because it hurts like hell. could it be broken?

haha its funny you said that i bruised my tailbone on my new 125 today, but joe keep giving it gas and let off, give it gas let off, give it gas let off...etc

keep your rear brake close though my 150 was fun wheelieing

u have to practice and find the balance point, once u find the balance point u can hold the wheel up for ever with very little throttle but it takes a lot of practice im working on the right now

DSCN9769.jpg

thats me

the balance point is a little higher than that in the pic

good luck

sweet wheelie pic, i prefer stand ups my self. i just stand over the bars push down really hard and pull up and hit the gas hard tog et the wheel up and then try and keep a constant throttle while its up there to do them. try it with a slight incline. it makes it way easier.