Sign in to follow this  

Smokey Mtn. ORV club Fall ride at Wayehutta

The dates are Oct. 21, 22 and 23. This is a great time to come to Wayehutta. One of the few times a year you can camp there. They'll have camping, music, competitions and are serving breakfast this year too. Michael and I are going, who else? :banghead:

I don't know about the camping thing, but me and the boys might try to get there early Sat. morning.

We're two weeks away for this event, anybody interested? Come on NC guys and speak up, those Florida boys have got us out-posted ten to one for their group rides. Let's get some action here dudes.

I'll be free from the races after October. We have a race that weekend. Where is Wayehutta? I would like to get together with all of you and ride though. Maybe in November or Dec. :banghead:

I'll be free from the races after October. We have a race that weekend. Where is Wayehutta? I would like to get together with all of you and ride though. Maybe in November or Dec. :banghead:

It's located near Cullowhee, NC. (try mapquest) and it closes the first of the year like Brown.

Doesn't look like we're going to make it :banghead: may try riding closer to home on Thursday or Sat. morning tho'. :banghead:

My attendence may be doubtfull too. I've got a failing transmission in the van and blown fork seals on the YZ. Don't know if I'll be able to "get r done" in time. Most likely, I'll borrow the worktruck again but only go up for the day on Saturday.

Let's move it to November. :banghead: I will only be up for one day though.

SOUNDS GOOD TO ME.

The trailfest date was already set by the SMORV club for this coming wk/nd, but we can ride there anytime we want. You can only camp however during the festivals, one in the spring and one in the fall. Whether or not I make it up there this wk/nd, I'll try to always post when I go in the future to get some TTer's involved. :banghead:

Wish I could go, but I am busy with the Cullowhee Fire Dept BBQ that Saturday. Anyone who wants some real hickory smoked BBQ come over to the Cullowhee Valley School after 3:00 PM. It's just right across campus from the trails. Maybe we can ride on Sunday??

Looks like me, Michael and Bearwhite will be there around 10:30 tomorrow. :banghead:

Anyone else coming? :banghead:

What a great ride! Trail conditions have been so good lately, last wk/nd at Brushy and today was perfect at Wayehutta!

Bearwhite got his first taste of Nantahala Forest today and had to put up with me and Michael doing the father-son racing thing too....that boy's gonna pass me soon.

We're gonna be planning a Durhamtown trip soon if anyone's interested in going down there for a weekend and sharing a cabin.