Sign in to follow this  

Do you think this is a good deal?

My buddy who was going to get a tt-r230 found a used Crf230 at a dealer.It is a 2004 and there is nothing wrong with it.The guys wife rode it and she broke her leg on it so it's still like new.It was only ridden that one time.There asking $3800(canadian) for it, my buddy thinks he might go down to $3500(canadian).I think that is a pretty good deal considering there is no taxes on it either and its like brand new.It's in mint condition!

I'd say thats a killer deal.How much did you guys pay for yours?

well im a dumbass so ur gonna have to translate that to american money there for me. then i might be able to help lol.

yup. if its good condition thats an AWSOME deal. is there any upgrades done to it? my dad sold my tricked out 230 to my cousins for $2500 and that was as low as we could go! usually they are much more. oh and how much is a new 230 goin for in canada?

It is supposed to be in mint condition,stock and ridden once by a lady.For a new one, the highest you'll ever see is about $5000 with taxes all together.At christmas time I could of got the year old model for around $4200 with taxes.Thats the cheapest I know of.He's getting it for $3800 without taxes!

As far as trail machines go, I like Honda's. My next bike will be for motocross so its gunna be either a yamaha or a ktm. I have heard that the ergo's on the yamaha aren't very good. I have never ridden one, I was only told this by a friend who has just bought one. I would go with the crf230. I have a xr200 and the 230 is the continuation of the xr and it is an awesome bike. It is heavier though due to the electric start.

It is supposed to be in mint condition,stock and ridden once by a lady.
:banghead::banghead: And you're buying that story? Tell 'em you want to meet the lady with the broken leg and watch 'em stutter. I'd be really careful and cover my wallet with both hands if someone told me that big a lie. Who knows what else they're lying about. At minimum, have the bike checked out by a good (non-dealer) mechanic.

Thats is a good deal. I was in a similar situation and I ended up getting a used once (couldnt even tell, at all) 04 230 for 2200.

I just bought a new 2005 CRF230 for $2800 American plus TTL. The total price with tax and everything was under $3050. $2250 for a mint 2004 is probably a pretty good deal as they seem to hold their value very well.

ya like barton said, watch out for people that say that. it is so easy to lie about dirt bikes when selling them used. they could or could not be but just be careful.

if the woman crashed hard enough on the bike to break her leg i would definately have it checked out. try to look the bike over as best as possible for things that are bent.

Well if it's in mint condition, I wouldn't worry about any engine or frame problems.Supposedly it was only ridden that one time.It's not that hard to break your leg on a heavy bike, all's you have to do is land wrong.My buddy said its looks like new yet, but you guys are right, someone can lie to your face so easily, it would be a good idea to look over it good.

That's about $3250 in yank money... not a great deal if it were down here. Not sure what the market is like in the great white...