Sign in to follow this  

K&L Cam Timing Chain

I found what is said to be a K&L cam chain on Ebay for a third of the price for OEM. Are these for real? Anybody know anything about them?

Did you check Servicehonda.com? They can get any Honda part if you have the #. I just got an OEM chain for my XR400 for $67.03, but I don't know what model your needing it for?

As for the ebay one, I don't know...

Ok, I just did a google search for "k&l timing chain quality" and I found this on XR's only's site:

"We all know that when it comes to buying OEM Honda parts there is never a cheap or inexpensive way to do this, and often there is no other alternative to this. Well we here at XR’s Only know this better than anyone, so we are always looking for an alternative, without sacrificing or substituting Honda OEM quality. We offer replacement engine parts for your XR from K&L that have been thoroughly tested by us and will meet or exceed OEM quality. K&L timing chains are the first OEM alternative part we now offer, and there will be more to come. Our sales representatives will be offering these parts as an option when placing an order."

http://www.xrsonly.com/html/kibble_white_valve_springs.html

So I guess the brand is ok

Joel

Joel, you da man! I bought a 1982 xr250 as a project for my boy. Pretty good shape but it had a bad rocker and jumped time. You know the routine, tensioner, guide, valve lap, gaskets, etc. Got some dollars in it now and Honda wanted 140.00 for a chain. Last hurdle. You saved me some $$$$$$$$ THANK YOU!!!!!!!