Sign in to follow this  

Practice at Straddleline ORV Park Oct. 8/9

Who is going to be there? I will on sat. and maybe sunday on an all white CRF450 #475, come say hi!!!!

The former Thurston County ORV Park...

MX PRACTICE

AT

STRADDLELINE ORV PARK

-14 MILES WEST OF OLYMPIA ON HWY 8

SOUTH ON COOPER ROAD 200 YARDS EAST OF THE COUNTY LINE

-$10.00 PER DAY

OCTOBER 8 & 9

9:00AM 'TIL 5:00PM

SPONSORED BY

TACOMA MOTORCYCLE CLUB

ALL INFO 253 845-2505

Camping sites available

10.00 dang thats cheap! That place will be a mad house next weekend. I'll be there in a couple weeks when it simmers down a bit. For next weekend it's burnt ridge (only 3 weekends left!) if it's not raining too bad and if its pouring then I'm at RMC.

2 questions

1. Will the practices be like old style thurston county, roll on track when ready to ride and roll off for a break? Or will they run seperate classes, etc... like PR/Ward, etc....

2. Is the kid track still there, behind the grandstands?

thanks,

mike- mx813

i MIGHT be there, but not on my bike =(. it also depends on if it rains. i'll be riding a yz250, yep 2 stoke. blank plates too.lol. black sweatshirt...blue/orange thor gear. black helmet wit metal mulisha stuff on it.come say hi.lol.

im not lookin forward to how many people are gonna be there though. can you say mad house?

I don't think it'll be too busy with Washougal Open Practice on Sat and Washington State Race series there on Sunday along with WORCS at Eddieville.

mike

I'll be there most likely depending on weather I might be at washougal sat wardcreek sunday. If the weather sucks on saturday then i'll be there sunday I'll be the guy on an '06 YZ 125 no numbers and same with an '06 YZ 250 (sometimes really my dad's ride) and my friend will be there with an all white #92 '06 CR 125 probably dicing around with me.

it's pretty much supercross style but spread out...lots of fun jumps, some big and some small. It's challenging if you try everything but its easy to go around or roll jumps and still have a lot of fun on it.

I herd they are taking out all the old doubles and making table tops for liability

reasons,is this true?

I herd they are taking out all the old doubles and making table tops for liability

reasons,is this true?

i was just gonna say that. i heard they rounded off some of the lips so they are "better for all ages". and yes...most stuff is gettin turned into a table top for liability reasons. the people on the work crew said that the track was gonna be rider friendly for younger kids, and older people. not crazy for us young "punks" oh well.im still excited!!

As long as the big step-up next to the woods stays and the small step-down/step-up by the gazebo, the fun factor will be there...

heck...the fun factor will always be there since you can split and go trail riding!

anyone know, per my original post, what the open session will be run like? And if the kiddie track will be open?

mike

No, it is only open for 30 days because it has to keep its land use permit active or it would be next to impossible to get the park back open. It will have events every weekend this month, I think the next weekend is a 4x4 playday and the next one is MX races and so on...it will open back up next spring and hopefully they will have open practices and what not figured out by then...

I can't imagine needing an AMA card for practice. Now I heard that the races on 22/23 of Oct. are AMA sanctioned so would need a card then.

Mike