Sign in to follow this  

What Spark Arrestor for a '05 CRF 450R?

I just made the switch from my trusty KX 250 to a new CRF 450R. All I have to say is WOW! All my friends were right. These things rock! The problem is that I am now sporting a red sticker and no spark arrestor. And to enjoy all the riding that SoCal has to offer I need to at least fix the pipe. So what is the best way to get a spark arrestor on this thing? I was thinking of doing a FMF Powercore 4 or maybe just one of those billet stock pipe add on kits. Has anyone tried these out? What else should I consider?

Thanks!

Well, if you need a spark arrestor on it that means you will be riding on public lands, which means you need to get a QUIET pipe. Fmf Q and Q2, the white brothers E2 are popular on the Crf's at Jawbone. Pro moto was making some inserts for them also. Just remember that the noise tickets are almost as much as the spark arrestor tickets and Loud bikes close lands to riding. Not trying to preach, just want something for my grandson to ride on. Thanks.

I was in the same boat. Went from a KX250 to my 05 CRF. And I have done a lot of reseach and some questions on this topic as well. My buddy has a pro moto billet on his bike, but for just $100 more I went with the Big Gun Evo X exhaust and I love it. First of all it comes with a quite core insert and spark arrestor. You can run it with both or either of them in. For tracks I take out the quite insert, for trails I run both the sparky and insert. People will have different opinions on here, such as the Dr. D. FMF Q, etc., but for the price and what you get the Big Gun was just a good deal. Good luck in your search!

I put a DrD on my o5. It went on great and I've noticed no loss of power.

Anyone aware of the Db output of the Q2 vs the Evo-X vs the DrD? I have an 05 450R, so if you have a comparison to the stocker, that would be GREAT!

Anyone aware of the Db output of the Q2 vs the Evo-X vs the DrD? I have an 05 450R, so if you have a comparison to the stocker, that would be GREAT!

The Dr.D is actually quieter than the stocker when you have have the sparkie in...

and I happen to have one for sale. Let me know if you want it. :applause: