Sign in to follow this  

Will a two stroke run with a stuck power valve?

I put a new topend in my YZ125 and cleaned the power valve, broke it in, and rode it for two hours after it with no problems... I go to start it back up again about 10 minutes later and nothing... Put a new plug in it, nothing. Lean it over and drain the float and wait 10 minutes... nothing. Took the carb apart and cleaned it... nothing. Is there a chance the power valve is stuck? Would it still run with it closed shut/open? PLEASE HELP! Thanks

yes it will. i used to have an old yz125(1987) . some how i manage to put the power valve in upside down ,lost all top end power . as for as being stuck open I'm not sure .but if there is compression it should fire up. i would check for spark or weak spark and kill switch ( make sure its not grounding out )

should run.. i had a kx 125 with a broken power valve and it just kind of flopped around in there opening and closing as it pleased and it ran. as stated check for good spark, check the plug to see if its getting wet and finally if both of them are in check do a compression check.

It will run, but it will either have no bottom end power or no top end power depending on how the PV's stuck.

I know its getting a good spark for sure.... There is the same ammount of compression as before. How could i check if gas is getting into the chamber besides a wet plug?

pull the plug, hold it wide open, kick it over and put like a piece of paper over the plug hole.. it is a 2 person job but its easy to see if the paper is getting wet with gas or not.

Pull the exhaust pipe, you should be able to look up into the exhaust port and see if the exhaust valve is stuck. You might also be able to see if you broke a ring or did some other type of damage to the cylinder.

my powervalve was stuck i forgot if it was open or close but i lost all bottom end power. it sucked but the powervalve dosnt sound like the problem.

If your trying to figure out if it is getting gas, just kick it a few times with the throttle open and smell the exhaust, if its gettting gas you'll know. I had a 125 w/fu**** up power valve and it always ran, but it never ran good.