Sign in to follow this  

Novice Needs Experienced Help !

Had my RMZ450 now for about 2 months. I had not ridden for 15 years prior ( '84 RM125). I have had it out now for about 6 rides. I have noticed alot of vibration through the handle bars in the upper rpm range. Is this normal ? If not, what could be causing this ( loose cam chain ? ) ? Any help would be appreciated ! Thanks !

Vibration? Check your steering bearings/ head race are correctly adjusted. Check everything is tighton the handlebar assembly if you have not already. But I'd think it is your steering bearings need adjusting, consult your manual for adjusting...

Tighten everything. Mine was a bucket of loose bolts for the first 6 rides. The motor mount bolt at the bottom of the frame had a serious problem loosening up on me. I think that bolt was the root of some vibration I was getting.

These bikes do vibrate, its pretty much a caged monster trying to get out. RG3 tripple clamps are the best advise I can give you. Is it fastflex bars? I cant remember, try changing grips too, stock are crap.

Any after market rubber mounted tripple clamp should help.

The other option is, just short shift the bike, theres plenty of power there, no need to ring it out like a 125