Sign in to follow this  

Crf 150 fork oil measurements!!

ok, i had put bbr fork springs in my forks and now im going to try putting in the stock springs with heavier weight oil, i have no clue wat the measurements are for the fork oil. thanks for your help, its greatly appreciated.

Have a question? Use our Search feature (top right) before asking. Our archives are huge and most likely it's already been discussed at length.

Cheers, :banghead:

#319 :banghead:

Hey guys, I know this is an old thread, but good question - none of my BBR CRF150 stuff came with any instructions - none of it.

When I put the fork springs in, I happened to have found a note that came with my XR70 springs that showed the fork oil level for all the bikes, but not any viscosities...

What's everyone running in their bike? 15wt? I see someone said 20wt in their CRF230...

So... 15wt or 20wt and at what level are you guys running it? I love my (our) little CRF150 but I want to get it working right. Yesterday was scary with just the BBR stuff bolted on. I'm nursing a twisted knee and ankle right now from having to do a foot plant to save it from a huge bounce after a landing.

Thanks and I did a search but couldn't find quite what I was looking for.

Mike

BBR springs made it bounce really bad after a jump? Thats not good. I was thinking about getting the BBR springs for my 230.

Yeah no doubt it was the added strength/preload caused by the springs but it's because the rebound is wayyy too fast. If I can slow it down some with a 15 or 20wt oil, that'll be a step in the correct direction.

I'm hoping that draining the oil and putting in a 15 or 20wt oil might slow the rebound enough to stop the rebound bounce after landings and leaving jump faces. - Just want to hear some personal experiences with the forks.

Mike

Someone else on the forum suggested 1 BBR spring and 1 stocker. Said it was much much better. Seemed like that would be hard on some parts...I would think anyways.

Mind if I ask how much you weigh? I am ~180 so I am wondering if the bounce would be less for me than some of the smaller riders.

ok, i had put bbr fork springs in my forks and now im going to try putting in the stock springs with heavier weight oil, i have no clue wat the measurements are for the fork oil. thanks for your help, its greatly appreciated.

The Honda service manual says the CRF150 requires 9.8 US oz per fork, with no mention of a weight.

I use 20 weight oil myself.

I need to search on this and follow this thread. I am about to put new springs in a 230 and 150. Should I just leave the stock oil in or change it???

Jeeze, I was gonna order those BBR Fork Springs pretty soon, but now I'm kinda scared.Maybe with just the Fork Springs it will be fine.

The most you should use is 100 mm from the top with the spring out and fork complety compressed.