Sign in to follow this  

Bike to rich

If any body has a stock 2005 rmz 450 with a fmf 4.1 full system what are your carb settings. Mine runs like crap unless your at full throttle. I think it may be to rich because my spark plug is black every time I check it

I had the exact same problem. I pulled the stock #165 mainjet and replaced it with the #162 mainjet I got with the bike when I bought it. That helped a ton, but I also installed a boysen quickshot accelerator pump cover and that totally cleared up any carb problems

My dealership where I bought the bike said that after the breakin period is over most bikes need to be leaned out a little.

Hope this helps

I have the 4.1 system on my bike. I took out the 165 and replaced it with the 162 or whatever the one they give you is. This worked perfect..I received this info from FMF and it worked. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info. I changed my Main jet to a 162 and moved the needle. To bad the rain wont stop. I will let you all know how it runs

Sorry it has been a while but I got my bike running great. 162 main used the other needle that comes with the bike and the clip is right in the middle. air screw is in the stock setting. Bike is running stronger then ever.

Funny this topic came up. I just bought my leftover 05 RMZ 450. I put a Pro Circuit Ti 4 slip on and the Boyesen Quickshot on the carb. I did no adjusting to the carb and Nothing to the jetting. After the break in period I seem to notice black stuff on my rear fender next to the pipe. My JD Jet kit is in the mail as well as my Pro Circuit Header pipe. I hope rejetting fixes my problem.