Airbar setup

After the recent discussion on this board about subtanks and airbars, I decided to try out the airbar setup from Synergy http://www.synergyseals.com/airbar.php

I like the idea of not having to mount a tank on the bars (which I don't have room for anyway) and having the tank above the forks so the oil is self draining. I have the Tag T-2 tapered bars. The bars are shortened to 29" and the plugs are mounted about 3.5" from the ends to allow room for the barkbusters. Taking into account the varying diameters of the bars, I've estimated they hold just shy of 8 cu in.

I went with the Synergy kit instead of buying the parts myself because it includes the bar plugs. The plugs fit good and tight and the kit also includes a putty type epoxy which forms about a 3/4" long solid plug on the outboard side of the rubber plug.

The fork cap fittings don't have the flow control valves like the polyconns, and the tubing is plastic instead of braided, but the threaded fittings are the same (1/8 NPT) as the polyconns so I can always re-fit it with a better setup later if this doesn't work out. I also bought some threaded brass plugs to plug the fork caps in case the whole thing is a dud.

No official ride report yet, but I did ride it in the alley and run over some firewood and bricks of varying sizes that would normally kick the front end and there was a noticeable improvement. I'm going to a HS this weekend and will report back after riding on some real trails. I'm also going to try raising the fork oil level from 100mm to 75mm after I've done some real riding with the existing 100mm setup.

Here's a pic:

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=8684

How easily are the hoses disconnected in the event you want to remove the bars, forks, whatever?

Once the hose is pushed into the fork cap fitting, you can turn the hose in the fitting. You can hold the hose and unscrew the fitting from the fork cap.

The tee fitting on the bar swivels at the threaded fitting so it can be removed from the bar without removing any hoses too.

I would prefer the plumbing was braided, but this was a good way to try it out and I can always convert later. Fortunately, the whole setup is shielded by the numberplate.