Sign in to follow this  

Down for the count?

OK learned a lesson the hard way yesterday...... Late getting to work in the morning + grumpy = in a hurry.

Speed + cold tires + cold road + first corner by house = low side on SM.🤣:banghead:

Anyways the bike landed on my right knee pretty good. Didn't have much in the way of protection on and now I have a lot of swelling and very limited mobility in my knee..... Yesterday was really bad today is a bit better.

I really have no idea how long this is gonna take to fully heal up but I am looking for suggestions to speed up the process and get this knee working again.... I figure I would ask you guys because you crash on a regular basis. 🤣

I am supposed to race the West Coast SM Shootout on Saturday (Friday is practice) but by the initial looks of things I think I might have to drop out of it.

I will be attending the West Coast Supermoto School on Sunday regardless seeing how I already reserved a slot and paid for it. I just don't want to do an actual race unless I get practice time in and I need to be in tip top shape.

So far I have tried to ice it when I can and using Ace Bandage ect. + some motrin. R-I-C-E and all or whatever....

Any tips to get me back on my feet quicker? :banghead:

Ice and elevation. REST The school may not ever be a good idea. See if you can get a refund (depending how it feels on Sunday of course) :banghead:

I would call the school and see if they would let you bump your slot to a later date. If they have time they might find someone to take your place and let you reschedule.

Well as for the school........ it is doing a lot better today I am 100% sure it will be good enough by Sunday.....

Its not the end of the world here. I picked it up and kept riding to work yesterday after laying it over..... It just got much worse later and kick starting the bike was a biotch. So I can ride I just don't really think I should be racing or doing any "real" jumps at the moment.

I have stayed away from the Doc. One of those cases I am certain where they will just give me a pill or 2 and send me home anyways. :banghead:

I'm pretty sure any medcal advice you get on thumpertalk will not be all that reliable. If the knee feels good enough to ride in the school go for it, your not going to hurt yourself anymore. Oh, I am a doctor by the way.