Sign in to follow this  

athena vs. thumper racing 290 big bore kit

i was wonder if any one knows witch kit makes more power. i know thumper racings kit is 12-1 compression but no one know for sure what athenas is. i think i will go with tr cause it is american. :

i agree with keeping it in america. if you have any questions, you don't need an overseas operator and interpeter to get any info.

Hey guy's, pardon the ignorance, but I do not see anything on their website for the YZ250F. Am I missing something? I too am interested in this kit.

I am getting ready to purchase a big bore kit,but had not looked into anything other than the athena. never really gave it any consideration. I did find the athena ,from D&T DYNO,for $580. I do need to add that I have been emailing them,and am having trouble getting onto their website. any suggestions folks?

thanks,

glenn

don't use d&t.. Horrible customer service..I bought from them .. When I got my athena it had bad bore plateing..Took forever to get any responce from them.. And they screwed me for $40 shipping.. Went with Thumper racing and I have had nothing but smiles..

i think you have to call thumper racing to find out about the 280 kit. i don't think they update there website very often.

I don't know much about either, but is thumper racing's parts made in America or are they an american company? There is a difference. Like saying a Harley is American. Not saying anything one way or another, but unfortunately any more American companies don's mean american parts.

The sleve is american and the weisco piston is made in ohio. The jets are probably from some where else. You have to call thumper racing about the kit its not on their web site.They have a 280 and 290 kit

I just found out that lukes racing will be coming out with a 300 big bore kit with a new cylinder.They said it should be out in 3-4 months. And it will be a New cast cylinder. That's all I could find out.

Have been riding my 01 with the Thumper Racing 280 kit all summer. Got great service, starts great, runs great, no complaints and very happy. One of the best sounding engines I've ever heard.

I sent my YZ250f engine to Thumper Racing and had them install Kibblewhite valves, an eline 200 watt stator, a wr gear set, upgrade my Rekluse clutch and then top it off with their 280 big bore kit. I have put nearly 2,500 miles on it and it it has been powerful and reliable.

Gary Hazel at Thumper Racing is a class act.

RH