Can anyone help me with vibrations..

Hi people Just wondering if someone could help me ever since i had the bike ive been getting real bad vibrations comming through my handle bars its really bad on the palms of my hands i can only ride for about 15 mins before it gets to bad to carry on, Ive tried all of the engine bolts and thier all tight, Is thier something i can do to help soak up these vibrations and if thier is where can i get it from.. I thought about gell grips..?

Cheers Andy

You can get fasst bar inserts, or some other type of insert. They have little ball bearing in them that obsorb the vibration instead of your hands. The numbness happens to everyone. Everytime I race my hands go numb about 2/3 of the way through.

You can get fasst bar inserts, or some other type of insert. They have little ball bearing in them that obsorb the vibration instead of your hands. The numbness happens to everyone. Everytime I race my hands go numb about 2/3 of the way through.

Thanks how do they fit onto the bike..?

Cheers Andy

sounds like something might be wrong as grayracer has stated. My YZ426 doesn't vibrate at all, I can ride it all day with no problems.

Do you race, like, motocross race? Cuz mine doesn't vibrate, but going over jumps, rough dirt, and undulating surfaces tends to make me go numb after a few laps. To answer the question of where to put the inserts.....you just take your grips off (sometimes requiring new grips.....durr) and stick them in on both sides of the bars. They have screws on the ends that you turn and they tighten up to fit the bar. I have also heard of using that foam stuff. Never tried it though.

I dont race other bikes, but I do ride the local track at 80-90% of full speed. Is your whole hand going numb, or just the fingers? You could be pinching a nerve in you palm or something of that nature. Id try differnt grips first, or different gloves too. I guess we are all made a little different and maybe it justs the way you are. I dont notice any vibration. My biggest issue is if Im doing alot of hill climbs I start to get blisters because of the death grip. Maybe try some Spider Grips.

I'm about to order all new Fox gear......i love there clearance sales.....and I do grip really tight. And my grips are half gone. I don't know......when it happens I just keep going till I can't pull the clutch anymore. I don't have the inserts, but I'd like to try them. I've ridden a CR450f (yak) that had them and I had a bit less numbness but it was still there. Everybody's bodies are different and so are their styles.....which is kind of the point you made.

• 2 weeks later...